Chapter Two

Angela woke up startled as she looked around the room she was in. She had no clue where she was, but she was chained in the cage anymore. She was also clean which made her feel good, she hated being that dirty. Angela looked down and saw that she was wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants, she glanced at her wrists and rubbed them. She could almost still feel the pain, then she remembered what happened. A man named Luca Accardi saved her, she fell asleep in his car. She must be in his house then, she heard a knock and looked up.

"Can I come in?" A male voice called through the door.

"Yes, come in." The door opened and someone entered, she then saw that is was Luca.

"How are you feeling Angela?" He smiled softly and came to sit at the foot of the bed.

"So much better, thank you so much Luca." Angela smiled brightly and pulled her knees to her chest.

"I'm glad. When I brought you here yesterday, I asked my sister, Abelia, to give you a bath. You can come meet her and the guys downstairs when you come eat, if you like." She nodded her head and was slightly grateful he hadn't seen her naked. Even though she was covered in filth and scars, the scars would definitely make her feel more self conscious.

"How did you find me?" She had been there for six months and no one had found her, but then again who was suspect the person who held her captive. How did she keep track of how long he held her captive? The man kept reminding her because he hoped to break her. As time went by her hope for rescue dwindled. Her captor looked like an ordinary Joe and there was no reason to suspect him.

"Sawyer owed us money, and he let it slip to his buddies that he had a nienteen-year-old locked in his basement for entertainment. His friends were more than forthcoming when I came to talk to them." Angela saw that cold look in his eyes when he talked about her captor, but when he turned his attention to her. His eyes softened and he smiled softly.

"Owed you money? Are you the mafia?" Luca laughed heartily and ran a hand through his hair, Angela didn't know what to make of his reaction.

"Yes, I am Angela. I'm the boss, and the guys you saw yesterday were my men." Angela nodded and let that sink in, she almost couldn't believe that someone from the mafia saved her. She had always heard awful stories about them. "It's okay, I and men won't harm you. You are safe while you stay." He placed a hand gently on her knee and smiled kindly at her.

"Thank you Luca." Angela's eyes became distant as she thought about the torture she suffered through.

"Do you want to talk about it? It'll help you get past it." Angela blinked and looked at him.

"Are you sure? I don't want to burden you."

"Burden me all you want, it is no problem. I want to help you. I'm just a little surprised on how well you are holding up especially after I told you I was mafia." Angela curled her legs under her and placed her hands in her lap. Luca placed the hand that was on her knee, on her hands and squeezed softly to assure her.

"I'm a college student at Crestview University and six months ago I was kidnapped on my way back to my dorm. He was disguised at as a Public Safety officer and when I realized that he wasn't actually an officer, it was too late." Angela squeezed Luca's hand tightly as tears began to well up in her eyes. Luca moved up her bed so he was sitting next to her and wrapped his other arm around her and the dam was broken. Angela turned and sobbed in his arms as she clutched him tightly.

"It's okay, sweetheart. You're not there anymore, if it is too much you don't have to tell me." His heart broke when she started crying, and he felt so useless because he couldn't do much to help her. Luca stroked her hair and just held her.