(10) feelings

"i have felt something for you since i first laid eyes on you"

"Luis?"

Kenzie was more than shocked to see Luis standing there. She felt like her eyes were going to fall from her sockets and onto the floor.

"How did you know where I lived?" She asked, her voice showing how shocked she was. Luis laughed a little as he shifted back and forth on his feet.

"I asked Conway," He replied, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "Sorry if that's kind of creepy. I should have just called you."

She laughed a little as she shook her head, "I don't find it creepy."

"Who's at the door?" She heard Grayson yell from inside the house. She turned around to see Grayson standing in the hallway next to Nate who only had a towel wrapped around his waist.

"What the hell Nate?" She said with a face of disgust. "For the love of god, put some clothes on."

Nate threw his hands up in mock surrendor as he turned for the stairs. She turned to Luis who was laughing at her.

"You still didn't tell me!" Grayson shouted in a teasing voice. She rolled her eyes as she closed the door, stepping out onto the porch and closer to Luis.

"So what's-"

As she was about to ask why he had randomly came to her house, a car pulled into the driveway. It wasn't her mom's car or Ryan's, so she assumed it was her dad coming back. And she was right.

Her dad came out of the car with two pizza boxes in his hands. When he saw Kenzie, he smiled and waved at her.

"You hungry?" He asked with a smile as he approached the two teens.

Kenzie was still extremely mad at him for all of the pain he had caused her family but at the same time Grayson was right, for once. He was still her dad. Even though she was still in pain, she was ready to start the forgivng process.

"Yeah," She said with a small nod. "I'll be back in a minute, Nate and Gray are in there."

He smiled with a nod, "Who's this."

"This is Luis," She said with a smile as she gestured to him. "We play hockey together."

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Palmer," He said as he held out his hand to her father with a bright smile. Kenzie smiled at his politeness as she watched her dad shake his hand.

"Call me,Jeff," He said smiling at him. "You can stay for dinner if you want. I bought a lot just in case."

"If you guys don't mind," He said with a shrug, not wanting to interupt any family bonding.

"Stay," Kenzie said smiling up at him. "It'll be fun."

"Okay," He said with a nod. "I'll stay, thank you!"