(11) girl's night

"all right love birds, we get it!"

It had been a few days since Luis had shown up at Kenzie's house and everything was finally looking good for her.

Luis and Kenzie have been talking and hanging out every single day. Grayson and Kenzie are officially back to the way they were before all of the family issues. Their father was still keeping in touch and would be coming to their hockey game tomorrow. No one has heard from Ryan and it made Kenzie feel so much better.

"I am so excited for tonight," Connie said happily as she walked up to Kenzie's locker and threw her arm around her shoulders. "It's going to be so fun!"

The team had just finished their Saturday morning practice and everyone was getting ready to leave. Tonight was the night of the famous back to school party everyone was talking about and the party the entire team is attending.

"Same!" Kenzie said as she shut her locker shut, leaning down to grab her bag that was sitting by her feet. "You have to help me with my makeup and outfit. I'm not very good with those things."

"Of course, Kenz!" Connie said with a bright smile as Julie walked over to them. "That's what girl's night is for, to do makeup and talk about boys."

"Yeah, Kenz. You have to fill us in on Luis!" Julie said which made Kenzie shush her for being so loud.

"I'll tell you guys everything!" She said as she playfully rolled her eyes, making the two girls squeal. Kenzie then felt someone wrap their arm around her shoulder. She looked up to see Luis smiling down at her.

"Hi, Luis," She said as she leaned up and kissed his cheek. The two of them have yet to kiss and it was absolutely killing them.

"Hi, Kenz," He said as he copied her, bending down to place a kiss on her cheek. She smiled a little at him as Connie and Julie squealed at the two of them.

"Please just make out already!" Connie whined dramatically as she flew her head back, causing the other three teens to laugh.

"Please don't make out with my sister in the middle of the locker room," Grayson said as he groaned, walking over toward the small group of teenagers.

"Yeah, I agree with Gray," Nate said as he held his hands up dramatically. "I would really like to not watch Kenzie and Luis suck each other's faces off on this fine Saturday morning."

Connie rolled her eyes at the two boys, "I didn't mean right now, idiots! It was just an expression!"

"Anway," Luis said, catching everyone's attention. "I came over to ask if you guy's needed a ride to the party tonight. I won't be drinking tonight since I'm the most responsible."

"Oh, please. You are far from responsible," Connie said which made everyone but Luis laugh. He glared at her before playfully flipping him off. "But I'm driving with Guy, he isn't drinking either."

"My sister offered to drive me, Charlie, and Adam tonight," Julie said, her cheeks turning a pink color. Everyone knew she had a crush on Adam, even Adam knew.

"What about you three?" Luis asked, gesturing toward Kenzie, Grayson, and Nate.

"If you don't mind," Kenzie said with a shrug. "I'll be at Connie's so I can walk home and you can just pick us up there."

"Nope, you're not walking," He said with a smile. "I'll just pick you up after I pick up Gray and Nate."

"Or you can just come over late and hang with us," Grayson suggested, making Nate nod his head eagerly.

"Yeah come over," He said. "I'm tired of Grayson being the only guy I hang with."

Grayson rolled his eyes at his comment. He punched Nate in the arm making him groan in pain. Kenzie reached her arm out laughing. She knew the two of them would start a full blown fist fight in the locker room if she didn't stop them.

"Yeah, I'll come over," Luis said laughing. "Just text me what time."

Grayson nodded at Luis before turning to his sister, "Mom's outside."

She nodded at her brother before pulling Connie and Julie into hugs, "I'll see you girls tonight. I'll be over around five."

The three girls squealed together, making the three boys laugh. Kenzie turned around to face Luis. She wrapped her arms tightly around his waist.

"I'll see you tonight," She whispered before letting go. He smiled at her before leaning down to place a kiss on her forehead.

"I'll pick you up at eight?" He asked her. She responded with a nod before hugging him once last time. He laughed a little before wrapping his arms around her again.

"Alright lovebirds, we get it! You guys are adorable," Nate said with his hands on his hips. "But I don't feel like listening to mom complain because we took forever coming out."

The two of them laughed at Nate before pulling away from each other. Kenzie leaned up and kissed Luis' cheek. She then turned and waved to the three of them before walking off with her brother and best friend.

***

"Girl, you're life has been crazy these past couple of days," Connie said as she finished the last part of Kenzie's hair. Kenzie smiled at her through the mirror as she ran her fingers through her now curly dirty blonde hair.

"I know," She said as she stood up. "It's like being in a movie. It's one thing after the other."

"Thank god Ryan has been staying away from you," Julie spoke up from Connie's bed, her face full of disgust. Kenzie had trusted Julie and told her everything that happened.

"And thank god Luis and Kenzie are now getting to know each other," Connie said wiggling her eyebrows, which made Kenzie blush and Julie laugh.

"I'm really happy," Kenzie admitted with a smile. "Luis makes me really happy."

Connie and Julie squealed loudly as they tackled Kenzie in a hug. She laughed as she wrapped her arms around her two best friends.

"This party is going to be so fun!" Connie said. "No drama and everyone just hanging out."

"I'm so excited for a drama free night," Kenzie said with a sigh as she made sure her outfit was perfect in the mirror. "I really can use a fun night."

"And we'll be having one," Julie said with a wink. Kenzie's phone buzzed from Connie's bed. Julie picked it up and handed it over to her. She smiled instantly when she saw who texted her.

"Is it Luis?" Connie asked as she walked over to her.

"Yeah, he's here," She said with a smile as she put her phone in her pocket. "How do I look?"

"You look beautiful as always," Connie said as she pulled her in for a hug. She smiled and thanked her before hugging Julie too.

"I'll see you guys there," Kenzie said as she turned to walk out of the room. She heard Connie and Julie screaming and cheering about Luis. She smiled to herself as she walked out to his car.