•||𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 : 𝙲𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚜||•

« « « ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ • ❇ • ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ » » »

Charles had barely escaped the ball that was sent his way and sighed in relief when the ball missed. "Crowley! Control your hits!" Coach Clapp reprimanded the student. "Sorry man! Yes sir!" Charles recognised the boy from the one earlier in the morning. "That was some reflexes man!" Charles only nodded and the Crowley rose an eyebrow. "You mute?"

"I don't like to talk that much." Crowley's eyes widened at the sirenic voice of Charles then grinned. "You better start talking then, you got a great voice." Charles blinked in confusion at the sudden compliment. "Uh ... Thanks?" The boy smiled as he held out his hand. "Name's Tyler. Tyler Crowley." Charles shook his hand. "Charles Dwyer."

"Crowley!" Tyler pulled away with a grin. "Well I gotta go." Charles only nodded. The coach called for Charles. "You don't have any sickness? Asthma, anemia, or something?" Charles shook his head and the coach nodded. "Ever played volleyball before?" Charles nodded. "Think you can show me what you got?"

Charles only nodded as the coach grabbed spare volleyball while he stood before the coach. The coach lightly spiked the ball his way and he receivedd it with the ball bouncing back towards the coach. The coach did it again and Charles received it perfectly which made the coach smile.

Coach Clapp then suddenly tossed it weakly and Charles reflexes kicked in as he dived for the ball and rolled then stood up. Some student's saw what Charles did and stopped. Among those students were Alice and Edward Cullen.

Coach Clapp grinned as Charles stood up. "You played an official match before?" Charles shook his head. "Really? That's quite the reflex you have there." Charles chuckled. "They're only reflexes coach, nothing special." The coach as he hummed. "You know how to spike?" Charles hesitantly nodded.

"Care to show me a few?" Charles nodded. "As long as you set it sir." Coach Clapp nodded as he moved into position and glanced at Charles before nodding and tossed it to him and Charles received it then jogged as the coach set the ball and he jumped and spiked the ball.

"The hell man! That was a killer spike!" Charles flinched at Tyler's voice and looked around and noticed that students were looking his way and he looked away.

'Shoot. I wanted to keep a low profile.' Edward read his thoughts and chuckled but then he furrowed his brows when Charles' thoughts became blank like it was being blocked from being read. Alice turned to him when he frowned. "Is something wrong Edward?" He chewed on his bottom lip and whispered to her. "I can't read his thoughts."

•||•||•

Charles just finished changing and escaped Tyler Crowley, he didn't want to talk to the boy. Sure the boy was just trying to be friendly but he preferred to be alone. On the way to the cafeteria he bumped into someone's back and cursed at himself. "I'm sorry." He apologised. "It's fine. You okay?" He turned to the person and was met with gold eyes. "I'm fine."

Edward nodded at the boy as Charles awkwardly shifted to his other foot. He tried reading his thoughts but he couldn't read anything. "You're Charles Dwyer, right?" He asked, wanting to try and read his thoughts.

Charles only nodded at the boy. "You are the one from this morning, the one who bumped into me." Edward blinked, not expecting the boy to speak but when the boy spoke an image of Charles dropping his schedule surfaced and Edward felt relief.