•||𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 : 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕𝚜||•

warning : long chapter •

𝖈𝖔𝖗𝖉𝖔𝖑𝖎𝖚𝖒
(ɴ.) 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐡𝐞; 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰

« « « ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ • ❇ • ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ » » »

For centuries, people had lived and died. For many centuries that have past, Cearl had watched every human live and die before his very eyes with the company of his cousins; Jeremias and Davidson. Alongside their every travels were sisters - witches who were cursed immortal for their doings - who went by the name of Erica and Zinnia. It wasn't long before they had to changed their names, to modernised them in hopes that mortals wouldn't find their identity odd. David, Amanda, and Charlotte had parted with Jeremy and Charles during the 1700's in hopes to live their lives in peace seeing as the other two had not yet planned to settle down. Charles and Jeremy never liked being around people, mortals to be specific; besides those who are distantly related to them. They had finally settled down in the mid 1800's and had met the current family that is of close relative to them - the Dwyer family. They had lived under the wing of the Dwyer household until Phil Dwyer. The boy was like a brother until he grew and became a father figure to the duo. While Jeremy may have warmed up to mortals, Charles was still hesitant to interact with one in fear of his curse hurting them. Charles had never once tried opening up to anyone, he had always been an introvert ever since. Yet, somehow Phil's daughter had grew on him and they became close. After centuries of misery and loneliness, someone had finally made him feel complete.

« « « ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ • ❇ • ⚜ ⚜ ⚜ » » »

Phil had stared up at the two teenage boys with a look of confusion as his father stood beside the duo with a smile. Jon Dwyer glanced at the group with a smile. He knew the boys will get along very much.

•||•||•

"Can't you two do anything to save him?!" A twenty-one year old Phil asked as he slammed his hands on the desk of Jeremy.

"When you say "save" do you mean giving him a chance of living or letting him die without pain?" Jeremy asked as he continued to write his essay.

Charles had sent his cousin an unamused look. "Don't patronise him Jer'." Jeremy only scoffed.

"Isn't it obvious which save I'm referring to? I want you to save my father!" Phil began to pace in the large room.

"Stop pacing, you'll dig a hole." Jeremy told then sighed as he put down his pen and leaned on his seat as he looked over Phil.

"I can't give him a chance in life Phil, I don't have the power to do that." He explained and Charles only listened as he read his law book.

"Why can't you do it? You're the Angel of Death." Phil said as he laid on the bed where Charles was reading. Charles adjusted himself when Phil laid his head on his. Once comfortable, he began running his hand in the boy's dark locks.

Jeremy's eyes softened hearing the pain in his voice. He understood that Phil didn't want his father to die but what can he do? There's only a limit to what his abilities can do.

"Correction. I'm the son of the Angel of Death. I only have bits of my mother's abilities, not everything. And even if I had the power to give Jon a chance in life I'm going to need the permission from the man up there." Jeremy explained as he pointed at the sky outside the window.

Phil frowned at this. "I know that but I just- I thought I could at least try." Phil swallowed a lump in his throat as his eyes watered and the two immortals shared a look of heartbreak hearing the pain, desperation and hopelessness in Phil's voice.