RAVAGED| TWO

Loud laughter filled the lobby as they both step off the elevator

Loud laughter filled the lobby as they both step off the elevator. Simone's micromanaging boss and her condescending colleagues are a popular topic. "She had the nerve asking me if I was available for a meeting on a Saturday, to replace Chris." Simone destresses her issues of her boss Evelyn, who takes the time out of her day to antagonize Simone on her job duties as an attorney. "Like you want me to ruin my Saturday plans because Chris decides he wants to take a last-minute trip to Greece? Bitch, I'll be dammed." Hazel looks toward Simone in disbelief. "Girl I told her ass for easy reference contact my assistant!"

"I know that's right!" Hazel nods still chuckling. "Speaking of assistant, how's Brittany?"

"Girl she's good, still getting flew out every weekend by different ballers." Exiting the building they're both greeted by the concierge Drew, who's patiently standing next to Simone's G Wagon.

"Ladies." Drew greets them with his million-dollar smile.

"Hey Drew", they reply in unison.

"Y'all ain't nothing but trouble in them sundresses." They both blush as they get seated comfortably in the vehicle. "Simone, make sure you keep an eye on this one today", he points towards Hazel as he hangs his head slightly in the window. In response, Hazel playfully rolls her eyes looking up at him then back down at her vibrating phone.

"You're asking a task of a giant." Simone starts the car.

"Oh, I know it!" Drew laughs.

"And both need to mind their business." Hazel joins.

Drew throws up surrendering hands as he backs away smiling big. "Y'all enjoy the day!" he winks before walking back inside the condominium. Simone pulls off, turning up the radio allowing the familiar song to blast through the speakers. Lowly she starts mumbling the lyrics to the song as she pulls out into the street. The salon isn't too far from Hazel's place, so she begins cruising at a good speed.

"Who are you texting all fast like that?" Simone reaches a red light, looking over at Hazel as her fingers move effortlessly across her phone screen.

"Girl Bryson", Hazel sighs, "He wants me to meet with potential buyers for the Midtown Plaza."

The light turns green, "That's good right?"

"I guess, I'm just not a hundred percent sure if I really want to sell it. Like I know I need to, but that plaza was my first buyout. It's my baby" Hazel pouts as she looks over at Simone with hopes of good advice.

"Listen, if you don't want to then don't. But I do know that you trying to manage seven businesses is a lot. I mean you're doing the damn thing, but mentally you're drained boo."

"Ughh, beyond drained", Hazel flips her phone over in frustration. "I'll respond to him after our self-care. Because if I do so now I might regret it later."