2

The entire tour had been filled with arguing and tense glares. Saying the boys and Chase didn't get along would be an understatement.

She'd learned in that time who the boys were. They were the Sons of Ipswich, a coven of witches who's families had fled from Salem. Caleb was the oldest, followed by Pogue Parry, Reid Garwin and then the baby Tyler Simms. And Chase was the missing fifth member they didn't know existed until he attacked the people they love and tried to take Calebs power.

She had learned that Caleb was smart but protective, Pogue was rash but knew when he was being stupid, Tyler was sweet and Reid was a huge flirt. And Chase Collins was a huge asshole. She couldn't wait to get away from them.

Surprisingly the boys had accepted there was no way out of here quicker than she expected. She figured that they, like her, were planning to wait until an opportunity presented itself for escape. Until then, her plan was to play nice so that must be what they were doing.

She didn't want to risk another failed escape attempt. Even though everyone here had special abilities or 'gifts' as the doctors liked to call them, measures was taken so the guards were protected against them. And even if they got past the guards, they wouldn't be able to get through the building security, and then the building was in the middle of nowhere. No matter what way you tried, escape was impossible. A fact she knew all too well.

"So..." Reid sped up to walk beside her with a smirk, the others trailing behind as they argued. "What do you do for fun around here princess?"  She snorted at the nickname, she was anything but a princess.

"Don't know if you've noticed but there is nothing fun here." She rolled her eyes. And then, as an afterthought, "and don't call me princess!"

"Whatever you say princess." he smirked. Stupid boy she thought angrily. Who in their right mind flirts with someone when they've just been taken by a bunch of scientists?

She huffed and sped up toward the cafeteria. The tour had taken all morning so she was taking them to grab lunch and then find their rooms, which were thankfully far away from Chases so hopefully she could ditch him here.

"This," she remarked, pushing open the large double doors. "is the best place here. The cafeteria. You get food up there and then you can sit at an empty table. I'll come get you when it's time to go."

Avery rushed to leave, but was stopped by Alex.
"Now now Avery, don't be rude. Hi, I'm Alex. Why don't you come sit with us?" he smiled brightly, throwing an arm over Averys shoulder. Avery scowled at the thought, but couldn't do anything as they all accepted his offer, besides Chase who left to meet some people he'd met in his time there. Thank god.

After showing the boys where to get food and sitting at their usual table, Avery laid her head on Alex's shoulder and sighed loudly. Today was a nightmare, she preferred physical torture to being stuck with these boys. Alex frowned at this best friend as he talked to the guys, she looked done.

Soon, the other two members of their rag tag group came to join and introduce themselves to the new boys. Spanner was lanky, all limbs and clumsiness with the tallest quiff you have ever seen. He had gotten his name when he tried to escape and had thrown a spanner that had hit Alex passing by instead of a guard. The last of their group was Ricky, the oldest at 22. Where Spanner was lanky and thin, Ricky was nothing but pure muscle and dark hair.

As the boys made their introductions and began talking like old friends, Avery leaned her head in Alex's shoulder and closed her eyes. She just wanted rest, but knew she had a check up as soon as she was done with the sons. When she opened her eyes she made eye contact with Reid who grinned at her and winked. What is with this boy? Avery pushed her tray away, her appetite lost at some point during the tour and glared at him.