"Where were you last night? You didn't check into the hotel," his agent, Angela looked at him disapprovingly.

When Ashton refused to answer, she continued, "John said that you had gone to some woman's place and she had a child. A child for god's sake!" Angela lost her cool as he still kept his mouth shut and ignored her. "Look I don't care who you sleep with but the paparazzi does. Do you have any what's going to happen when they find out that you bedded a married women with a child no less?! I mean that woman obviously has no morals but I expected for you to think about your reputation-"

"That's enough. Don't you dare talk about Sydney like that!" Ashton snarled. Angela shrank back under the force of his stare. Usually she could keep her own stand in front of him but not when his infamous anger was unleashed and directed at her.

"Sorry," Angela apologized quiety, knowing this was the only thing that would calm him down considerably.

He continued glaring at her for a few moments and then went back staring out of the window.

Later in the afternoon, Ashton was pacing his hotel room like a caged lion. There were reporters outside waiting to ambush him as soon as he stepped out. Normally he didn't care about them but today he wanted to go meet Jessica and Sydney. He first had to call them and ask if it was okay for him to come but with the repoters outside he couldn't risk one of them following him. It would create problems for them.

Well, at least he could call them to make plans about the zoo trip. He had to admit, he was looking forward to Sunday for not only meeting them but also about going to the zoo. Sydney had guessed why he had never been to a zoo and the pity in her eyes was unbearable. But now he also regretted his harsh look as it had made things awkward between them.

Ashton again toyed with the idea of calling Sydney. He had asked one of his assisstants to look her number up. He had also been curious about her history but didn't want to intrude. They were one of the few people he was comfortable with and didn't want to spoil it by appearing as a control freak.

Oh, whatever, enough of thinking. Call them, Ashton.

"Hello?"

Oh shit! When had he dialed?

"Helloo..."

"Hey," his voice sounded a bit hoarse so he cleared his throat and tried again, "hey." Much better.

"Who is this?"

"Ashton. Ashton Kingman...we uh met last night?" He hoped as hell that was true and he had not dreamed up the encouter.

"Oh Ashton," Sydney sounded surprised. "From where did you get my number? I don't remember giving it to you."

"Yeah, about that...I kinda looked it up. I hope you don't mind. I mean in the morning I forgot to take it and we are meeting on Sunday, right? So..." He nervously trailed off. What the hell was wrong with him! Ashton Kingman didn't do nervous!

"Oh yeah, we are going to the zoo this Sunday," Sydney replied. In the background Ashton coiuld hear Jessica telling her mother that she wanted to talk to him.

"Is that Jess? Can I talk to her?"

"Sure."

"Hellloooo Ashton! How was your day? I had so much of fun today in school! We had to write an essay on our favourite celebrity and I wrote it on you! And Michelle..."

Oh god, he loved this kid! She kept him entertained throughout the conversation by telling stories about her school and the stray puppy she had brought home.

Ashton found himself laughing freely and providing his input when required. It was after so long that he had found someone who he could talk to without being wary of the person's judgment.