Chapter 13

hey guys!! Chapter 13 is here!!!! n Ashton's back!! :* god! i love that guy :D :D

Happy Reading!! :D :D

Chapter 13

Ashton looked up from a Jessica's face to Sydney's when she entered the room again after attending a phone call. She looked exhausted and Ashton wondered who had been on the line.

Sydney shook her head at Ashton’s questioning glance and he chose to drop it for now, drinking in the sight of his love. Yeah, he had come to terms with the fact that he was indeed in love with Sydney. That’s why it had shocked him so much when Gary informed him that she was marrying that loser. The information Ashton had dug up during that creep’s background check was not good. He wanted to warn Sydney since he risked losing not one but two of his best girls if she got married. He was damn sure that bastard wouldn’t let Ashton meet Jessica and Sydney without a price.

Ashton’s heart had nearly stopped beating when he came to know about Jessica’s accident. Thankfully Gary had called the fire brigade quickly and not much damage was endured. Sadly Sydney's apartment was not habitable but many of her clothes were salvageable.

It was quite a bit of a crowd with five people excluding Jessica in the room but Ashton refused to leave. He was seeing them both after such a long time and damn him if he didn’t take full advantage of the situation. Now that he was back in their lives, he had every intention of staying there

Sydney breathed a sigh of relief when her parents vacated the room to fetch lunch.

Unfortunately it was even more awkward with just the three of them in the room. Sydney and Ashton stayed beside Jessica's bed all the time but James chose to sit on the couch staring thoughtfully at Ashton.

Suddenly gangster rap filled the room and James walked out muttering quietly into the phone.

“How have you been?” Ashton asked.

“Umm…Good. You?” Sydney asked.

“You are marrying him?” Ashton said ‘him’ as though referring to dog poop.

“That was the plan,” if he could be so closed up so could Sydney.

Ashton frowned, obviously not liking Sydney’s short answers.

“I missed you,” Ashton said suddenly.

Sydney looked at him, not sure what to say. What could she say? That she missed him too? That she wished she had never told him to get out of their lives in the first place?

She settled for, “Jessica missed you too.”

“And what about you?” Ashton probed.

Before Sydney could answer, James strode in the room, “I got to go somewhere, Syd. I’ll be back soon.”  She flinched when James leaned down to kiss her on the cheek and saw Ashton grit his teeth at the action. With one last smug look at Ashton, James left.

“Ashton?” Jessica’s sleepy voice echoed from the bed.

“Hey, kiddo,” Ashton smiled.

“You didn’t leave,” Jessica said, now fully awake, giving Ashton an enthusiastic hug.

“Of course not, I told you I’ll be here,” Ashton laughed.

“Mommy!” Jessica exclaimed.

This ‘forgetting your own mother’ thing was cute yesterday when there was already so much tension but this time Sydney couldn’t help but be jealous. And things didn’t help when Jessica continued hugging Ashton, waiting for Sydney to come to them.