Chapter 2

hey! chapter 2 is here! please comment and vote if you like it! :D your suggestions are always welcome!!

Happy Reading! :D

Chapter 2

Stray cats and dogs were fine. Never in her entire life had Sydney imagined that her philanthropic daughter would get home a human being- a stranger human being at that. Jessica was currently giving Ashton a detailed tour of their modest 2 bedroom flat while Sydney was in the kitchen making coffee for their guest still reeling from the night’s events. Under normal circumstances she would have swooned at the sight of him in her house, as even she had to admit that she had a soft spot for the actor in her heart. But reviewing this night's events she couldn't help but be a little miffed with him.

"Mommy, we can take him to see Patches tomorrow, can't we?" Jess asked entering the kitchen dragging Ashton Kingman behind her. €

"I am sure he has better things to do." Sydney replied stiffly.

"Yeah, your mother's right. I do have a couple of events to go to," Ashton Kingman agreed.

“Well, this is a first,” Sydney thought, sarcastically.

"So can you come for dinner?" Jess persisted.

Ashton didn't know how to say no. He was pretty floored by the adorable Jessica with soft brown hair like a mother and matching eyes. Her room was filled with his posters, and he really wanted to spend some more time with her but he didn't want to antagonize her plum but pretty mother further. He had already taken advantage of her hospitality and breached her home when she clearly didn't want him. But he just wanted an escape from the film industry. He was tired of the everyday controversies and going back to the hotel meant more drama. He wanted an escape and the charming mother-daughter duo provided just that. And plus she had intrudged him when she glared at him, daring him to accept Jessica's offer; and Ashton Kingman loved a challenge.

"Jess, you have school tomorrow. Come on, go to bed now," Sydney said, relieving Ashton from the pressure of saying no Jessica.

Jessica grumbled but didn't oppose her mother, "Goodnight" she said to Ashton and kissed his cheek. Ashton took a step back in surprise and watched Jessica go into her bedroom.

"Look, I really want to apologize to you about tonight," Ashton said. "I know you didn't want me to come here tonight and I pretty much forced my way in. I am really sorry about that.”

Sydney studied the actor with narrow eyes. He sounded sincere enough.

“You know what? Let’s make a deal. You tell me why you did it and my forgiveness is yours,” she said.

“Quite the negotiator, aren’t you?” Ashton said, looking amused.  

Sydney looked at him expectantly as he mused over the deal.

"Okay," he agreed finally. "I just wanted a break from Hollywood. Films, drama, controversies can be a bit suffocating at times..." He trailed off staring outside the window thoughtfully. Finally, he shook his head as if getting rid of a bad thought. "Anyway, so you forgive me?"

"Yeah, I forgive you," Sydney said thoughtfully and sipped her own coffee. It wasn't the explanation she was looking for but it was acceptable.

They both finished the beverage in compatible silence and then came the big question- where should the superstar crash in for the night?

"I can totally sleep on the couch," Ashton offered. "Just give me a blanket and pillow; I don't get sleep without them" he said sheepishly.

"Yes, I know you can, but Jess has a bunk bed in her room," Sydney said. "She wanted to sleep on the top bunk that's why we purchased it. Though in the end she backed out and never used it. So if your not scared of heights you can sleep there." She grinned playfully.