𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 𝐨𝐧𝐞.

HOME ISN'T A PLACE.
IT'S A PROMISE.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

DEAD BOY (book one)

DEAD BOY (book one).
°• EPILOGUE ONE •°

" I THINK I'VE ALREADY
FOUND MYSELF A HOME. "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

THERE'S NO TELLING WHERE THE MESS THEY WERE IN ALL STARTED. There were still questions they may never know the answers to because It was asleep and It will remain in hibernation for a very long time. Twenty-seven years, to be exact, if Ben's research was true. He doesn't have answers about It, nor for his future. Daxton doesn't know exactly who he'll be in twenty-seven years. He can't imagine what kind of adult he could grow up to be. In twenty-seven years, he'll almost be forty due to his birthday on Christmas Eve and yet, he's never considered what - or who - he wants to be. Daxton never considered how far he'd get.

He remembered how he felt walking out of the Well house. Lighter. Daxton thought he floated his way home. He felt safe for the first time in a long time. He didn't feel as if he would have to glance over his shoulder every few minutes, waiting for Bowers or It to pop out. He supposed he wouldn't have to worry about Bowers anymore since his arrest after somehow barely making it out of the sewers. It turns out the blood on his face and the cause of the lost of his sanity was because Bowers slit the throat of his two friends before stabbing his father in the neck. Now he was locked far away.

They still take some time to clear their heads and process everything they've done. It took a few weeks until Bill calls to gather a meeting of the Losers Club where everything started - at the Barrens. Daxton is propped among the growing weeds in between his brother and Mike where the lucky nine sat in a wide circle. His knees are bent, arms crossed over them after Bill broke the silence and asked the only question they could receive an answer to. What did Beverly see when It captured her?

"... I only remember parts, but..." Beverly clears her throat. Something traumatized her, but she forces the next words out. "I thought I was dead. That's what it felt like. I saw us together, back in the cistern... But we were older. Like, our parents ages."

"Am I still handsome as an adult?" Richie asked. He rose his hands and mushed his face together, earning a few soft laughs. Daxton presses his lips together as they twitch into a smile to hold his back. He wouldn't give Richie that satisfaction.

Beverly shot him a teasing grin. "You grow into your looks," she shot back.

"What the fuck does that mean?!"

"What about me?" Stan questions next. He shifts towards Beverly curiously.

The smile on her face vanishes almost immediately. Daxton saw a far away look in Beverly's eyes as if she was reliving what she saw. She refuses to meet Stan's gaze as she mumbles, "Like now. But... Taller." Daxton frowns at the reaction, but Stan is unbothered, smiling widely and creasing the bandages wrapped around his head.