𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟑. scars don't fade away.

SCARS DON'T FADE AWAY.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

DEAD BOY (book one)

DEAD BOY (book one).
°• CHAPTER THREE •°

" I JUST HAVE A LOT OF ...
I DON'T KNOW. ANGER? "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

ONCE STAN AND EDDIE SOMEHOW GUIDE THE BOY TO THEIR FEET AND OUT OF THE WATER, it's then that Daxton gets a look at his face and can put a name to him. Ben Hanscom. The brand new kid. A few months after he moved to Derry, Ben followed, something about doing so for his mother's work. Daxton only heard that from a few rumors. The new kid was a shyer boy who mostly kept to himself, nose stuck in books, even when he was taunted for his weight. Ben was trying to hide himself away from their worried and confused stares, but none of them could ignore the blood prominent on his shirt even when he tried to cover it with the palm of his hand. Bill somehow managed to convince him to accept help, leading him so he can comfortably sit on the back of his bike's seat before they can take off together.

It was the sight of the red stain that drained all color from Eddie's face. He didn't stop babbling the entire ride to town, and although Daxton was holding his tongue, his hands were gripping the handlebars so tightly his knuckles turned white. It was physically painful to not tell Eddie to shut the hell up.

"I think it's great that we're helping the new kid, but we also need to think about our own safety. I mean, he's bleeding all over and you guys do know that there's an AIDS epidemic happening right now as we speak, right? My mom's friend in New York City got it by touching a dirty pole on the subway And a drop of AIDS blood got into his system through a hangnail. A hangnail!" He exclaimed. "And you can amputate legs and arms - but how do you amputate a waist?!"

And the impulse grows much stronger as Daxton carefully turned the bike's handlebars to lead the wheels into an alley behind Derry's pharmacy. Eddie winced as he entered, more hesitant. "You guys do know that alleys are full of AIDS-infected needles, right? You guys do know that?" Eddie urged.

Daxton quickly took his foot off the pedal and hit the ground before he could tip over where he finally snapped. "Eddie, no offense, but please shut the fu - "

A sharp jab to Daxton's side made him stop mid-sentence. He turned his head, eyes narrowed at him in a warning. "Don't," he whispered. It was like there was something about Eddie that Charlie knew that Daxton didn't. His mouth clamped shut, seeing that Eddie had barely noticed him, too busy aiding Bill to help Ben off of his bike and to a wooden box where he could prop himself against a graffiti painted brick wall.