𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔. home was us.

HOME WAS US.

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

DEAD BOY (book one)

DEAD BOY (book one).
°• CHAPTER SIXTEEN •°

" YOU LEAVE MY BROTHER
THE FUCK ALONE! "

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

DAXTON SHIELDS WAS ALWAYS THE STRANGE, POOR, CRUDE, FOUL, DIRTY, PIECE OF SHIT IN EVERY SINGLE TOWN HE WENT TO. Derry, Maine held no exceptions for him. Those little distinctions have finally come true. If only they could see me now, he thinks as they enter what he believes to be the clown's personal lair. Daxton Shields had embraced the dirty stereotype laid on him, quite literally. Dirt churning into mud was caked across his skin. He could feel it crusting and longed to wipe it off, but he at least wanted to spare his hands of the same fate. He had a few awful, fresh bruises hidden beneath it from the stumbling. His muscles ached to carry it all as he tears inside. He didn't care any longer what a dirty piece of shit he was. Daxton wanted nothing more than the clown wiped clean from this Earth, and he knew this was where it had to happen.

Daxton used to love the sun and the night equally. The sun was warm, kissed his skin with heat, made him feel peace, but the night was quiet, cool, with an even prettier sky. He believes he'll have a preference for the sun after this when he sees what It has been collecting since the beginning of time. There was a mountain he had to crane his head back to see the tip of toys, little trinkets that belonged to the forgotten. It was like the clown collected them to keep them as trophies from his victims. Daxton wondered how many bodies were dragged here, still clutching something they loved out of fear.

The Losers, on their search for Bill, crossed the peak and came across something even worse. Daxton's eyes don't process what he sees at first because they land on none other than Beverly Marsh first. Her red hair resembles flames as they stuck out like someone had rubbed a balloon on the strands to create electricity. Her skin was a ghastly pale and her eyes which Daxton thought were rolled to the back of her head at first were just as white like she was in a trance. But that wasn't all. Beverly's feet weren't on the ground, instead, they were dangling in the air.

"Holy shit," Richie gasps out. "How - how is she in the air?"

Eddie swallows, hard, turning away from the horrible sight to only stop suddenly when his flashlight beams on something else. "Guys?" He mumbles sickly. "Are those...?"

The words lead Daxton to glance away from Beverly too and let his gaze catch up with what it didn't want to see. "The missing kids," he hears Stan choke out. "... Floating."