- 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢. ミ

Mulai dari awal

"You bet." Ringo puffed out his chest proudly as they left the house into the afternoon light.

✧✧✧✧✧

Some people say people do stupid things for love. That it confuses you, befuddles your mind and leave you in a whirlwind of beating hearts, fluttering chests, and stumbling words. Some people also say that love can clear your mind, almost give you a sort of - tunnel vision; show you the path you ought to walk in life. Love is a universal experience that is shared all around the world; whether it be platonic, romantic, paternal, etc - the majority of humanity experiences it at some point. Everyone feels different things and makes different actions in the name of the experience we, as a species - crave.

As for John Lennon, he was braving the streets of Liverpool, weaving through crowds and wet alleyways at great personal risk, for love. His sleepy eyes were squinted against the evening sun as it sank beneath the horizon, staining the city he was so fond and familiar with with rich, deep oranges and reds - the sounds of jubilant voices and thudding footsteps, clashing of water against boat from the docks, as the creatures of the night began to emerge; regular pub-goers, prostitutes, urchins, the like.

But none of it seemed to affect the agitated prince - he was lost within his own thoughts, a regular occurrence for him. A hand constantly running through his downy chestnut locks, hazel eyes staring unblinkingly at the moving ground below, anxious footsteps quick and agile as he reached closer and closer to his destination. The atmosphere around him changed, roads turning to dirt, houses growing more and more dilapidated as he went on; shops and markets transforming into endless farm fields, the smell of mulch and dust accompanying the sights. Something he wasn't familiar with whatsoever.

Until he met Paul, of course.

Paul McCartney. A very strong constant in his life at that point. He had burst into his life suddenly like a flame exploding into action, hot flames licking up his body and consuming all the oxygen from him - and he welcomed every second of it. The boy was irrevocably stubborn, unfailingly kind, willing to stand up for what he believed in, intelligent, headstrong; and so, so addicting to John. His life had changed very much that year - before this year, the two weren't even friends. Knew of each other, yes - but Paul was very persistent on not associating with him. So much had changed since then. And John would say it had for the better.

Speaking of, the prince was now standing outside his house. It was a modest house, with peeling white paint, crumbling bricks, rotting wood - and two families in each floor. A regular poor/working class home. It always had a warm feeling inside it, though - a feeling of family. Something that was pretty much entirely foreign to John.
Jim was a strict man sometimes, and preferred to keep his kids in line and teach them good discipline, but he wasn't heartless. He was very accepting of his children's hobbies and friends the majority of the time. He was even accepting of John. The problem is, though.. he didn't know that John was the prince of the city they lived in. Just a minor setback, of course.

Instead of going up the dark wooden porch (which often looked like it would collapse under you if you tried to put your weight on it) he veered off to the right, towards the window on the corner that would see into the tiny one bedroom the McCartney family all shared. Its tattered curtains were pulled shut, so he couldn't see inside - it worried him a little, causing him to itch the side of his face; which was beginning to dampen from the sticky spring air (it reminded him that summer would start in only a month or so), because he didn't want to be caught standing there by anyone other than Paul.

So, he thanked the gods (if there were any) when the curtains were drawn back and Paul was behind them, the boy shoving the dodgy window open with a grunt. He suddenly spotted John there, jumping back in fright before relaxing, recognising his boyfriend.