IX. Undo

So, all of that just for a misunderstanding.

Jennie reflects highly on her actions and they were nowhere acceptable beyond this point. Not only did she ignore Lisa out of false assumption, she too accused the blonde's best friend out of her jealousy.

What is wrong with her? What is wrong with Jennie Ruby Jane Kim?

The answer to that is...

Everything.

Since she had met Lisa everything went downhill for her after that. Jennie has become too clumsy, too rash and too naïve. Gone is the level headed strict lawyer and hello teenager Ruby Jane that she has long outgrown from her system. Just a couple of months ago she is as straight as the freaking pole and now she didn't know where that has gone. Lalisa Manoban made her question her gender. And it is a tad late to go back from all of that. All Jennie knows her heart beats faster and stronger every time she hears the blonde's name, fuck even her voice makes her knees weak and her gaze make every cell in her tremble.

That is exactly why she is here in her living room walking around imaginary circles trying to compose herself and maybe right down the proper words she is going to say to Lisa. Maybe an apology for ignoring her for two weeks and counting. Jennie shakes her head. No, she needed more than that. Probably Lisa already knows what happened with Seulgi and now thinks she's some home-wrecker out of the blue lashing on everyone around her. Or worse Seulgi had told her best friend of the psycho bitch who attacked her.

Gah...

Jennie wants to fly out of Seoul in the break of dawn, hide in Auckland and never come back. Maybe she should do that... Run away from all of this like as she has always done. Jennie could recollect the days when she and Kai used to quarrel of things. The lawyer would pack her bags and go to Rosé's apartment and wait out. They never discuss their problems after that since her ex-boyfriend assumed, they were just her petty reasons and Jennie hasn't had the heart at that time to go against him.

But then again.

The Jennie before isn't the Jennie now.

"Meow"

Jennie is cut off from her current battle when she felt soft fur brushing across her legs. Her brown eyes look down to Jennie the cat looking back at her as if she sensed her owner was in great distress. Jennie lifts her up and carries her on her arms like a baby until both of them sat on the sofa. The lawyer can hear the soft purrs coming from the cat and it relaxes her a little. Kuma and Dalgom join in her little pity party and she can't help but smile a little of her pets' gesture.

The raven-haired is left on her own since Rosé had a scheduled operation and Jisoo... That chicken is quite odd these past few days. Jennie quite expected that Jisoo would be home tonight according to their family calendar. But out of the blue, she decided to work overtime because of some reasons Jennie didn't bother to ask. Her brown eyes then catch a glimpse of the house she has avoided like a plague. After not replying Lisa's messages, Jennie woke up one day not getting one and it hurt a little knowing Lisa might have given up on her.

Well, the lawyer can't blame her. Lisa has the right to do that anyway.

Jennie places Jennie the cat down the sofa beside her pet siblings when she felt some odd texture coating on her fingers. She looks down to see what it was and her eyes enlarge to see a dark hue of red coloring her hands and her white shirt.

Shit.

The lawyer opened up her shirt troubled that she might be injured without knowing but only to see that she is fine. But this is blood right here in her hands and the big question is where did it come from. Jennie scans around the room until she found the source.