Twenty Four

Exam days are finally over which gave way to the most awaited semestral break.

Taehyung and the rest of his friends have scheduled a 3-day trip to Jeju Island, all expenses paid by his hotshot friends Jimin and Jin.

"Have you packed your things?" Tessa asked as she cooked breakfast.

"Yes, mom." Taehyung answered, helping out his mother in the kitchen.

"What about Jungkook?" She asked once again.

"We packed everything we need last night, mom. No need to worry." Taehyung assured.

"I'm just making sure that my two babies will enjoy the trip without worrying about forgotten things." Tessa explained, making Taehyung smile.

"Yeah. I know."

His mother has been very welcoming to the fact that Jungkook and him have a relationship more than friends.

She's genuinely happy that her only son has found love, even if it's with another man as well.

There's no prejudice on her part which only made Taehyung respect and love her even more.

He's proud that his mother is someone who understands rather than discriminates.

"Go wake Jungkook, so we could finally have breakfast." Tessa said.

"He's already awake, mom. He'll be here in no time." Taehyung responded as he took some plates and dining utensils to set the table up.

As if on cue, Jungkook arrived, looking so fresh early in the morning.

"Speaking of my handsome young man." Tessa uttered, smiling at the other.

"Good morning." Jungkook greeted as he leaned to kiss Tessa on the cheek.

"Good morning." Tessa responded, patting Jungkook's back.

The ravenette smiled and made his way to Taehyung who's busy setting up the table.

He stood behind him and wrapped his arms around his waist, slowly turning him around to face him.

"Morning, babe." He whispered, kissing Taehyung on the lips that made the latter blush.

His eyes were wide, not expecting Jungkook's display of affection in front of his now grinning mother.

"I told you not in front of mom." He nudged Jungkook on his side, eyes wide to warn him.

"Oh don't mind me. Go ahead and make out. I won't mind." Tessa giggled, making Taehyung blush even more.

"Mom!" He groaned, not really sure if he should regret having a very supportive mother or not.

The laughter of his mother and his lover resonated in the dining area.

And Taehyung thinks it's the most heartwarming sound to hear early in the morning.

The sound of laughter of the people who matter the most to him.

----------

"I'm the queen of the world!" Jin shouted as they stood at the edge of Mt. Hallasan, one of the most popular destinations in Jeju Island.

"Yeah, and I am the world." Namjoon responded, circling his arms around Jin's waist.

"Damn. I'm hating this trip already." Hoseok moped as he glared at the couple who are all over each other.

He turned to look the other way but immediately regretted his decision when he saw Jimin and Yoongi being lovey-dovey as well.

"Maybe I should just close my eyes and pray for everyone to choke on air." Hoseok mumbled to himself as he closed his eyes and pray.