"I am not going to lose you or let you lose me," Zion defends, getting to his feet as he stands in front of me, his wolf coming through as I can see the hair on his arms prick up and grow thick. "This is not some retelling of Mulan where you go to fight, Sybil, this is real life, and people get stabbed, their limbs ripped off by the enemy's canines, deep gashes upon their flesh, their throats slit, and with witches on Lily's side, the deaths can only get more gruesome."

"I am not naive, I know what going on the battlefield could mean," I snap, getting to my feet as I stand before Zion. "I was the one who asked for Penelope to do this, to gather warriors from packs and lead them to the palace, asking for her to have warriors fight to their death."

Zion walks away, heading towards the front door as I follow after him, grabbing his shoulder as I see his pitch black eyes. "Would you be able to forgive yourself if you watched from afar as your family home was burnt to the ground by Fiona's coven and by Nixon's wife and her pack?" I ask, facing the deadly wolf within Zion as he remains silent for a few seconds, thinking through my words.

"I would not be able to forgive myself if I watched you die or if I had to get news of your death from someone else. I cannot lose you again." His words are filled with pain, for I know he is recalling the moment I dropped limp to the floor.

Taking in a deep breath, I hold my head high as I know what I have to say for him to understand. "You are no longer a King, you have no authority, and you need to get used to others debating your ideas, others arguing your viewpoints, and people you love or respect going against your wishes." I can see the anger growing within him, almost radiating off of him in waves. "People still recognize you as their true King, for Laraxus is weak, and if they see you return to the palace to protect it, they will feel even more proud to fight. We both know Laraxus will not join the fight, for he will cower away, I've read about his past and how he let others fight his battles," I speak up, "If Penelope's warriors see their current crowned king cower away into some bunker while the fight carries on, they will feel like a lost cause."

"Why do you keep saying you want to join the battle if it is me who will give these warriors hope?" Zion asks, "You have said you want to fight beside them because you are the one who asked Penelope to call upon these men, but I know there is another reason."

He is right, there is another reason, and I know saying what it is will make him remember the day he hates most. "The day I stood before Nixon, I knew I was there because I wanted to protect you. Mates, lovers, husbands and wives, friends, all of these relationships protect one another. I was there following what I said in my vows to be always there for you and to protect you. I want to be there again to protect you, to uphold the vows I took years ago, and to keep you safe once more."

The world is silent, Zion barely moving as I know he is thinking of that day, remembering the words I spoke to Nixon as he held a gun pointed to Zion, only to point it to me. I died before Zion could call for help, unable to die in his own arms like some tale of tragic lovers, his heart breaking that day as his world forever changed. "We are no longer married, you have no vows to keep with me."

His words sting. He is right, for I died, our marriage ending as I passed away. "But you still hold those feeling for me, the same ones as the day when you married me," I refute, Zion turning his head from me as I spot his eyes beginning to water. Those words he spoke were painful to say. "And when all of this is over, perhaps we can say those vows once more to one another."

Reaching up my hand, I turn his face back to face me, a stray tear running down his cheek as his eyes gaze into mine. "I do not want you to marry me again just because you feel like you have to or-"

"I am being honest, Zion," I whisper, "I would be happy to say those vows again when all of this is over and the danger is gone."

But we know there will always be a danger, for I am a woman who was brought back from the dead, someone's who body could be used for endless amounts of reasons...my body broken as witches use my organs for powerful potions, vampires drinking my blood to become more human than supernatural, and so much more. As long as I am breathing, I will be at risk. Even our children will be in danger if people know who gave birth to them, for they could be used for some of the same reasons, just not for as powerful as potions. Would I be willing to be on the run for the rest of my life, not only having Zion protecting me, but also our child? Our child would be taken in by Keva at a certain age...but it would be safer for her own kin to keep our child safe, to raise him or her among the elves and out of harms way as Zion and I will forever be seeking peace for the rest of our lives. We will always be running, but we have connections, Zion has family money, and we will always be covering our footsteps. Is it all worth it? Zion thought so, just to spend more years with me beside him.

"If I agree to stand beside you on a battlefield, would you be willing the moment everything is cover, that we return back to Keva's home? Creatures of the darkness would hear the rumors of us on the battlefield...after us for the rest of our lives."

"I would be willing," I state, reaching up to wipe the tear away from his face as I watch Zion's eyes begin to change back to their golden shade, almost glowing in the darkness. "I know there is much more to discuss when it comes to our future on this earth, but let us discuss that when the battle is over, to discuss it when we are back with Keva. I know we cannot remain with Keva forever, for her kin does not feel comfortable with someone within their realm who could bring such darkness to their door."

Thoughts run through my mind about everything which could happen, but Zion and I know that is worth discussing for another day.

Zion walks past me and into the living room, opening up a small drawer as I follow behind him. "I know this may be too early, but I have kept this since...that day those years ago," Zion comments, turning to me as he hands me a small velvet box. Opening the box, I see the familiar piece I would wear all the time. "I know this was not as romantic as the first time I asked you, but with everything happening so fast and given the conversation we just had, would you be willing to accept it?"

My fingers run along the smooth face of the stone, the solitaire diamond set upon a platinum band as the diamond steals the show. Looking up to Zion, a soft smile tugs at my lips as I nod my head. "Yes, I would be willing to accept your proposal."

Zion takes the ring out of the box, placing it back upon my finger as it still fits all these years later. Placing a kiss upon my lips, we both know that this not only signals that we are willing to get married again, but that we accept the fate which could happen we when both land ourselves upon the battlefield. But I am hopeful...hopeful that Zion and I will make it out alive and return ourselves to the haven Keva provides.

As the ring fits snug upon my finger, Zion wraps his arms around me, pulling me in for a deep kiss and hug as he spins me around and off my feet, whispering those three simple yet powerful words again as he pulls his lips back from mine. Those eyes look into my own, glowing with happiness and excitement, and as he stares into my eyes as if I was the one who hung the stars in the sky, I say a prayer in my thoughts that we both see a world where we can be together when everything is said and done. I have hope.