15. No, don't break!

Hellooooo thereee, my dear friends!

Thank you for 4.5k+ reads here and 2k+ reads on The Three Laws of Motion! If you haven't checked it out, it's a Smosh x Reader book of 15 oneshots, five each for Damien, Shayne, and Ian. Go check it out if you wanna! My personal favorites for each are #4 for Inertia (Damien), and both #5's for Acceleration (Shayne) and Interaction (Ian).

On my Insta fan account, I did a Zodiac x TNTL with Shayne's characters! You can check it out @/shourtney.longknee! A sample is up in the media section, as Aquarius is my sign.

Anyway, lettuce begin... Shayne's POV and see ya!

-/-/-

What in the absolute hell?

"What?" I ask Courtney. "What? Why would we tell Ian? Isn't that basically what we've been avoiding for the past nine months?"

"I know," she answers, rubbing her eyes. Only then do I notice that she's been crying. Why? "I know that it doesn't seem like the best plan there is, but we really have to tell Ian. Aren't you tired of hiding? Aren't you tired of having to go around everywhere as if this wasn't happening?"

"I am," I retort, crossing my arms. "But it just isn't enough reason for me to drop everything and tell Ian. He's our friend, and you're like a sister to him, but Courtney, we could lose our jobs. Ian isn't the only one who'll be stepping in on this, also Rhett and Link would. I don't want that to happen, so we'll stick with the original plan of pretending nothing ever happened, that this is completely normal."

"Don't you see how hard it is every single day for us?" she says, frowning but not angry. "I... I can't even do things in public anymore. I'm terrified that someone will find me going home here and it'll ruin so much of my career. And your career. And basically Smosh. I don't want that to happen, so if we tell Ian now, it's damage control."

"No, if we tell Ian, we could get suspended," I reply. "Why would that thought even cross your head? We've been working at this for nine months, and then you want to give up when it's only three months away until it's over? Courtney... you know I'm here to help you and support you in any way I can through these last three months."

"I can't last three months in here anymore."

"Why not?"

Just as Courtney was about to say something, her phone rings from her pocket, and she answers it, avoiding my gaze, "Hello?" There was a long pause. "What did they say?" There was another long pause, and I see Courtney pursing her lips and closing her eyes as tears stream down her face. "Okay. Okay. I'll... I'll be there. I'll be there."

"What's going on? Who was that? What happened?" I ask as soon as she ends the call.

"Kari... told me it was going to be fine when she tells my parents," she mumbles, picking up her car keys and her wallet. "It's not. Everything is not fine right now."

"Where are you going?" I say, now ultimately worried. "You can't drive now. Not at night, and not while you're crying. I'll drive you where you need to go."

"They'd hate you, man," she replies, rubbing her eyes. "They'd hate to see you." With that, she leaves and closes the door behind her.

I felt my heart shatter into the smallest pieces of glass shards, seeing Courtney so heartbroken and so tired. When I finally compose myself to follow her, she was already gone. I try calling her, but she doesn't answer. Probably ignoring me, but I'll get through.

From: Shayne "The Rock" Bottom
Please tell me where you're going. It's already so late. I need to make sure you're okay.

From: Shayne "The Rock" Bottom
Courtney, I know you're stuck in traffic and you can read my texts. Please reply. Please.