10. Isn't it crazy out here in the Apocalypse?

Hello! Hello! Hello! Hello! (Imagine them in ascending notes please.)

I am so so so sleepy as I'm writing this author's note. I think I'm gonna go to sleep after this. Too many chores done today, and more tomorrow. *heavy sigh*

Anyway, let's start! Courtney's POV and see ya.

-/-/-

Awkward is the best word for the current situation.

We're now seated in a booth inside this well-lit restaurant by the corner as Damien urges us to drink a lot of water to orient ourselves. He's seated across us with his arms crossed, his tie undone, and his frown evident on his face.

"So...," Shayne says, "what's up?"

"That's my line," he replies, still frowning. "Let me explain myself first. I'd been onto the two of you for so many months now. No, no, not out of jealousy or hatred, but out of concern. So for the past few months, I've been an avid follower of yours, not constantly though, but I've noticed some stuff you guys don't usually do that you do now."

"In short, you became a fan," I say, and the boys chuckle, only stopping when Damien stops to recompose himself.

"Sorta, I guess," he answers, shrugging. "But before I explain how I've figured it all out, mind telling me... what's up?"

Shayne sighs before drinking a whole glass of water and facing Damien. "You have to promise us that it'll stay here and here only. Ian would flip his shit if he found out."

"There's nothing wrong with dating in the office, just don't get married," he remarks, and Shayne and I glance at each other awkwardly. "Oh, no. No, no, no, no, no. No. No way."

"Unfortunately, way."

So we tell Damien about the unfortunate Vegas evening that had gotten us wasted. We tell him about meeting Atty. George, we tell him about moving in together and explaining the whole tomato-potato debacle. We tell him about losing the wedding ring, we tell him about the grocery shopping. Finally, we tell him about the divorce process and how it's close to beginning by the end of this month. But Shayne left out so many details of our six-month craze: he didn't talk about the impromptu birthday, the Girls' Day challenge, and he most certainly didn't talk about how we almost kissed right before Damien found us. It was right that he didn't, but were we that close to kissing when Damien arrived?

"So this has been going on since the end of February," Damien says as Shayne finishes. "Wow. You certainly are good at pretending in the office, I don't think anyone's had the slightest idea of this happening. I mean, except for me, I guess."

"You... don't seem extremely surprised," Shayne tells him, just as confused as I am.

"Well, I did tell Garrett and Tommy I'd join the bet," he replies, scratching the back of his head. "Man, too bad no one ever knows who asked the other one out because you were both drunk. I bet on Courtney though."

"Then why are the three of you guys still having a bet?" I ask.

"Just because," he answers before we order just a bit of food because we were still full from the dinner. "So, uh, wanna hear my side? You might be a little startled though, but I think you guys should know."

"That's our line, buddy," Shayne tells him.

Damien starts to explain, "So basically, on the morning of your so-called Vegas tragedy, remember that I took my stuff from your room while Courtney was in the bathroom? Yeah, so I forgot to get some other stuff then, so I returned to the room just before you guys did to get them. I still had the card key to the room after all. I found the certificate while looking for it around the room, and I thought it was for a shoot for Every Vegas Trip Ever. But when I asked Monica if there was a Shourtney bit for the video, because we love them Shourtney bits, she said there weren't any. So I was surprised. Very surprised, but I had hidden my doubts for a moment, because hey, you guys are responsible adults. You wouldn't get married in Vegas out of drunkenness, or so I thought.