Chapter 17

17 - Switch Around

Anya's POV

We walked into, what had to be, a five star hotel. Nola guided me to our room and it was huge.

There was a queen-size bed in the middle.

To the right, there was a couch and tv setting.

The left, was the kitchen setting which led to the bathroom behind a closed door.

On some serious shit, how is she affording this!?

I dropped my bags and made a beeline for the window, noticing the beautiful scenery.

My face stuck to the glass as I viewed the city.

Nola placed our shopping bags by the couch as she asked me, "You like it?"

"I love it." I said as I turned around with a smile.

I kicked off my shoes and ran to the bed, jumping in with a sigh as I sunk into the mattress.

"You should take your clothes off first..." I heard Nola say and I groaned in response.

"Later... I'on wanna move yet..." I mumbled.

Nola joined me shortly after, after stripping.

She let out a sigh and I immediately looked at her, "What's wrong?"

"You didn't really enjoy yourself today, did you?"

I looked at her confused. "Why? You think that?"

"Yeah. Though I'm late, I still wanted to do something special for your birthday that passed. So, I did everything I thought you might like."

"But then I realized... I don't know a thing about the things you like. I thought you'd like expensive things, but despite everything I did, you got more excited over cheap ice cream..."

She started to chuckle softly, "It's taught me that I've got a lot to learn about you. Especially since all we use to do is just fu–"

"–A'ight! I get it!" I cut her off abruptly.

"I did have fun today, Nola. It's not what you think. It's true that I'on really care for materialistic stuff, but just seeing you put a effort into making my day... was enough for me." I smiled softly.

Nola pulled my arm, causing me to collapse into her as she hugged my body tightly.

I chuckled as I hugged her, "I appreciate everything you did for me today. Thank you."

As we pulled away, Nola bit her lip without making eye contact with me.

My innocent chuckle turned devious as I eyed her, "All I did was hug you..."