Chapter 2 - Late Night Visits

Here have a uh picture I took of a rainbow the other day!
—————————————
Content may contain some graphic descriptions of injury!

3,553 Words

-...-

Sapnap drove down the nearly empty road at a seemingly ungodly hour as he sped a little bit to get to the hospital a nagging fear pulling at his stomach telling him he needed to rush to see Dream Incase it were to become to late.

As he drove the car remained dead silent besides for the few rocks that kicked up and hit against the bottom of the car.

Sapnap was currently deep in thought as he drove, thinking about Dream, what he was going to tell George, how long would this all last, was this his fault? Sapnap felt the guilt of making Dream go to the story at the loss of a simple game and cursed to himself saying that it should've been him since Dream did the last 5 shopping trips and it had started to become a regular thing. He thought to himself that if only he had just sucked it up and gone instead Dream wouldn't be in this situation. Sapnap swallowed his pride as he keep replaying the thought in his head if he were to be the one to go to the store last night and how Dream would still be okay, sure he would be where Dream is now but he'd rather feel the regret of going himself then the guilt of subjecting Dream to the accident.

Maybe if sapnap went he would've been slower then Dream was and the accident would've never happened or even quicker then him and the accident still likely wouldn't have happened.

Sapnap fingers tightened on the steering wheel some when the another car drove by and he felt paranoia that he could also get in an accident as he tried to focus on the road more.

Within the distance the bright lights of the hospital could be seen and sirens could be heard as ambulance pulled away from the hospitals emergency exit to go fetch their next patient. Sapnap watched in silence as another ambulance truck pulled into the hospital likely carrying someone on the brink of death in it.

Sapnap put on his right turn signal as he pulled into the hospitals parking lot, a large vast assortment of flowers lined the sides of the paved road which sat in neatly mulched beds, colored different pretty shades which screamed for peace at such a happy but also sad place. Sapnap looked up at the large complex which sat in front of him.

The whole situation felt so surreal as if he shouldn't be there as he slowed down to almost a stop gulping in nervous anticipation for what condition Dream was going to be in.

Sapnap pulled into the fairly crowded parking area for this hour at night and found a parking spot before pulling the car into it and turning the gears to park as he sat at the wheel some and held his head in his hands as he tried to clear his mind.

Finally gathering up the courage to get out of the car he opened the door and stepped out and closed the door behind him heading to the back door to grab Dreams backpack as he swung the straps on and closed the back door and hit lock on his keys and the car let out a faint honk followed by a click on all four doors signifying that they were in-fact locked.

Sapnap started to walk to the hospitals main lobby entrance as he looked up at the ominous building, some of the rooms lights still on, emitting a low level of light to the outside air giving off a rather welcoming yet eerie vibe.

The rattling of automatic sliding doors rung through the night as the bright lights from hospitals main lobby bleached the ground before it in an onslaught of constant light.

Sapnap stepped through them as he walked through the lobby, tan wood floors creaked quietly beneath him as he walked, faint elevator sounding music played in the background allowing a false sense of peace that both the patients and visitors would be subjected to before going beyond the lobby out into the sparse white halls that would be filled with the silent echos of beeping noises and the overhead ventilation system.