I watched as she made her way to the elevator, not even knowing where to go.

"Top floor, ma." I told her but she'd completely ignored me as I huffed, walking back into the room to calm everybody down then finish up with what I'd started.

*

Zuria
2 hours later
10pm

"Zuria." I heard Mitch's voice as I sat behind his desk in the big chair with his name engraved into it.

I didn't even bother looking up at him as he closed the door behind him. I was so upset earlier and I'd just exploded, releasing everything that I was holding in. Crazy thing is I wasn't just saying it because I was mad. I was saying it because it was the truth.

The roomed was quiet as he stood there, looking at me and I had no words for him. Today had been a long enough day and all I wanted to do was go home.

"Listen, ma." He started but I put my hand up, not in the mood for any of his bullshit words or excuses right now.

We weren't together and it's been five months since we have been. I didn't have to sit here and listen to this anymore. He had no control over me and I had no control over him.

"I just want to go home, Mitch. Can you please take me home?" I asked, already knowing that Retta probably left with Jay after the interviews.

She'd told me that's what she wanted to do and she was serious about that one.

"Yeah." He nodded in agreement.

"I'a take you home Z but I want to talk to you before I do."

"Talk about what, Mitch?" I asked with a fed up sigh.

I was tired of talking about the same things, there was nothing else to talk about. I'd expressed how I felt already.

"What was you fightin' for, Zuria?" He asked, sitting down on the edge of the desk and I rolled my eyes, not even really wanting to disclose that information.

It was embarrassing to know that I'd even let those stupid ass hoes get me upset like this. Especially over something that no longer mattered.

"Huh?" He asked softly, lifting my chin with his index finger.

"Don't fucking touch me." I spoke sternly to him, trying to swat his hand away but he purposely continued to anyway.

"You out here fightin'and messing up your pretty face." He went on and I rolled my eyes hard at him while he sat there trying to be sweet.

"For what, ma?"

"Why you get into it with them bitches?" He asked again and I sat there saying nothing for a while before I no longer gave a fuck.

I had nothing else to lose.

"They were talking about your dick, Mitch." I blurted out, tired of holding it in. Tired of holding everything in.

"What?" He furrowed his eyebrows, obviously thrown off by my words and I nodded slowly.

"Yes."

"Those girls were talking in there after you sent them in and I wasn't saying anything to them until they started talking about that."

"They shouldn't have been talking about that anyway." I spoke sternly, stating how I felt about it.

I don't care how long it's been. Nobody could talk like that in front of me about him and I not say anything. I'm that type of bitch.

"What they say?" He asked as a smirk appeared on his face and I glared at him, making it quickly fall.

"You want to play with me?" I asked because I could be petty too and he knew it.

"Yo, just tell me what was said Zuria, damn." He spat, obviously tired of my mouth.

"They were talking about the size, Mitch."

"Okay?" I looked down at my hands.

"Then when they were wrong, I told them the actual size of it then I told them to square up if they had wanted to keep talking about it." I went on and he scoffed, looking away from me.

"So you let them bitches get you out your character for something small like that?"

"Oh.." I trailed off, nodding my head.

"Something small like that?" I asked with my eyebrows raised.

"You tried to kill me when you thought I kissed your friend, Mitch. What the fuck are you saying to me right now?" I asked, becoming upset all over again.

"Let any of niggas say anything about me, you're losing your shit instantly."

"Please don't play in my face right now and pretend I had no reason to be upset. We were together ten years, you know how I am, Mitch." I expressed to him as he tried to play this role.

"Aight. I get whatchu sayin' but why you care what them bitches say is what I'm confused about." He scoffed, shrugging.

"Ain't you the only one I'm fuckin'?" He spoke sternly and I couldn't help but to laugh but it wasn't because shit was funny.

"I don't know, you tell me."

"It's been five months.." I trailed off, snaking my neck and he sighed deeply, looking down at the floor.

"Man.." He trailed off, shaking his head.

"Same ass Zuria from five months ago, bro." He chuckled angrily, standing to his feet.

"And you're the same ass bitch from five months ago." I sassed back.

"Yeah aight." He kissed his teeth.

"Come on, bro. We out, I'm gon' take you home." He said and I happily stood to my feet, ready to get away from him.

"Perfect."

*