{24} Nervous Glenn.

Começar do início

"You willing to come with?" Shane questions towards Willow with some cockiness.

The nerve of this arrogant asshole. Not that long ago he was towering over her. Willow's face throbbing and his neck scratched up due to the ends of her nails. What Willow couldn't understand is his need to be around her. His will to be alone with her, even if it meant acting as if everything is fine. Like nothing happened. In the back of Hunter's head, she feared what he might try to do and want to accomplish.

Three fools couldn't keep a secret in silence. Not always.

"No," Willow instantly replies, looking back down at the map. Her cheek itching from the memory. Keeping eye contact with any man is dangerous. Shane's sight may very well be lethal. "I'm going to stay and help out around the farm. Make sure Daryl is okay."

"I'll take other suggestions on a partner then, " Shane smacked his lips together, rubbing his thumb against the round of his chin.

Glenn makes his way over with a basket full of fruits. Mostly apples and peaches. He still held that telling look of anxiousness. One that is now allowing to worry for her brave young man with the stupid baseball cap. Glenn notices Willow's glances as Shane reached into the basket. Shaking his head to telepathically tell Willow: "Not to ask". Willow clears her throat, reaching her long fingers into the basket to retrieve another peach.

"See how they do on the range, then take your pick," Ruck also took a peach. Glenn makes his round to Jimmy only to stop mid-walk to gawk up at Rick.

Willow watches as Glenn opens his mouth, ready to say what is on his mind, however, he shuts his mouth just as quickly. This causes everyone surrounding Hershel's vehicle to turn their heads at him. Chewing on her peach, Willow raised her brows as Glenn swiftly took a look at Lori. She stood on the porch, daggers looking their way. Glenn gulps and shifts his uneasy gaze onto his five companions.

Shane smacked his lips once more, rolling the torn pieces of apple against the inside of his cheek. "My binoculars?" He demands.

"Oh, yeah - right," Glenn flustered. The young man crouches down to place the basket down onto the dirt flooring and shrugs the heavy binoculars from off of his narrow shoulders. After handing Shane his item, Glenn picks up his basket and paces off. Breathing, "Bye", nervously.

Shane and Rick laugh it off among each other, but Willow ponders about Glenn. Something isn't right. Sure he is usually nervous and fidgety, but today he is more - fidgety.

"We'd like to join you for gun training today," Beth Greene spoke from the left side of Willow and Jodie.

The girls turn their gaze to see Patricia and Beth standing beside Jimmy. Both blonds side by side.

"Hershel's been very clear. I can't involve any of you in what we do without his okay, " Rick says firmly.

"He doesn't like it, but he consented." Beth nods.

"Otis was the only one who knew guns," Patricia speaks. "Now that he's done, we gotta learn to protect ourselves. Her father saw sense in that."

Shane wanders off. Having no want in this conversation.

"No offense, but I'll ask Hershel myself," Rick suggests.

Not wanting to hear herself, Willow leaves them to it. She trots across the small campsite with a goal in mind. Glenn sat on the edge of the porch attached to the wooden home, looking out towards the golden fields. Allowing his mind to take over him completely. Slowly, Willow makes her way up the steps, clearing her throat yet again to gain his attention.

Glenn snaps his head, eyes wide.

"I didn't even see you there, " Glenn speaks with his usual nervous tick.

"Glenn, is this about Maggie?"

"No - No..." Glenn widgets with his own fingers. Shaking his head with knitted brows.

"Lori?"

Glenn quiets himself, looking away. He rubs his palms against his jeans. Trying to focus on the field again. "I promised I wouldn't tell - so don't make me, " Glenn speaks solemnly.

Pressing her lips together, Willow leans herself up against the railing. One thing she couldn't do is pry something our if someone who did not want to be pried with. Whatever is happening with Lori, will come out eventually. The truth can never truly be kept a secret for long.

"Okay, " Willow bites into her peach, allowing the juice to slide down her hand. "It is great that Carl is up and about, huh? The little guy is strong." The undertaking to find a new subject is quick to replace as her eyes lands on the young boy walking alongside his father.

"Willow, " Glenn starts.

"Hm?"

"Thank you..."

Willow's brows raise. Not sure what he could possibly be thanking her for. "What? I didn't do anything -"

"Yes, you did. You didn't dumb me down. Yesterday, you listened. Today, you let me keep my demons to myself." Glenn begins to blush, scratching the back of his neck. "You're so honest and caring. Might I add beautiful -"

"Okay, I get it, " Willow interrupts awkwardly.

"I'm just trying to say, that I think more people here should be more like you." Glenn reaches for his basket of fruits and stood to his feet. Walking past Willow, she stares at him whilst he toed down the steps. Before walking off, Glenn whirls his glance towards his new friend. Gripping the basket tightly.

"And I think - I think Daryl needs to get his head out of his ass. If he can't see what's in front of him, then he doesn't deserve you."