Chapter Three

The show was completely ruined, and it wasn't even three in the morning yet. Larry was more than a bit perturbed by the behaviour of the inhabitants and he looked as though he was going to strangle someone.

All of the exhibits looked ashamed of their actions and knew that they were going to be getting, as what Nicky would call, a chewing out.

Emma stood quietly to the side with Ahkmenrah, hands clasped behind her back, and it didn't take a genius to know that he was nervous, believing that the whole thing was his fault. If he blamed himself, who was to say that Larry didn't either.

Emma moved an inch closer to him, her cool hands clasping into his warm, tanned one. He briefly looked down, a bit shocked by her actions but relaxed as she gave him a small smile, both of their attention returning back to the lecture going on.

"What happened?" Larry asked, pacing back and forth. "I mean, you guys were acting really weird tonight."

"That's an understatement," Emma muttered and sighed, this was going to receive quite the backlash and possibly have Larry and herself lose their jobs, considering that both were in charge of the night program.

" Dolphins are one of the most peaceful animals in the world, Attila, and you hacked into the ice sculpture like it was going to rip your face off." Larry shook his head, "And in front of Regis too."

"Reigo filbo?" Attila asked, his face filled with sorrow.

"Yeah, Reio filbo." His attention turned to Teddy, his voice sounding hurt as he spoke, "And Teddy, you held a gun to my face, what's with that?"

"I don't know what came over me, Lawrence." The President wrung his hands, shaking his head and looking up at him with utter regret.  "Please forgive me, I wasn't myself."

Larry sighed, rubbing his hands over his face in frustration and exhaustion, "Okay, just don't let it happen again. I mean, tonight was really weird."

Footsteps down the hall made everyone tense up, waiting for Dr McPhee to come down and start yelling at them for their screw up, but it definitely wasn't who they thought.

Emma went rigid at her place next to Ahkmenrah, who had taken note of the change in her demeanour. It also didn't pass anyone as Larry looked at the man coming towards them with surprise and awe.

The inhabitants were left in the dust as they had no clue who the man was.

Ahkmenrah ripped his gaze from him and nudged Emma's shoulder, clearing his throat to get her attention. She shook herself of the slight daze she was in and looked at him. He regarded the man with a nod, "Who is that?"

"Tony Stark of Stark Industries, was one of the world's biggest companies for weaponry for the military, known to man, but after he was taken hostage in the Middle-East a few years back, he saw a part of war that no one ever wants to see. In any case, he decided that his company will not continue manufacture weapons. The man is a genius." Emma replied, her eyes gluing back onto the man. She shook her head, "I vaguely remember someone saying that Mr Stark was going to be here tonight."

Tony Stark's eyes swept over the actors of the museum that were sitting on the stairs and to the side, taking off his sunglasses as he took the last few steps, a mere foot away from Larry and held his hand out.

The gesture brought Larry out of dreamland as he took the proffered hand. "Tony Stark of Stark Industries."

"Larry Daley, night watchman of the museum and head of the night program."

"Pleasure." Tony got right to the point, "I was out in the crowd when I saw what happened, now if it's all about publicity I'm all for it, but it seems to me that there was some sort of malfunction going on with the holographic projectors. If you would like for me to check it out, I'd be more than happy to."

"We appreciate your offer, Mr Stark, but we figured out what happened and we'll be fixing it in the next couple of days or so." Emma interjected, having an inkling that she knew just what the problem was.

How to fix it? Well, none of them were certain.

Tony Stark averted his attention from his daughter to herself and walked over to her, ignoring Ahkmenrah as he took her hand and placed a gentle kiss, his lips lingering a little longer than what one should have before he pulled back.

"And who might this lovely young lady be?" Tony smirked, studying her.

Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Ahkmenrah's jaw tensing, he was becoming either jealous or knew exactly what she did about this man.

He was a billionaire playboy who could flirt and sleep with any woman he wanted and get away with it to.

"I'm Larry's daughter, Emma." She replied, her lips turning into a thin line. "I am also a night watchman, as well, as I help out my father with the night program."

After a moment he opened his mouth and asked, "Have you ever considered becoming a model, Emma?"

"No sir, I have not," She replied with a slight bite to her tone, if he caught on he never let on. "Besides, I like eating too much anyway to do that."

He seemed slightly disappointed, but instead of saying anything he reached into his pocket and giving her a business card. "If you need anything regarding technology for the projector's, give me a call and I'll come and help."

"Thank you Mr Stark."

"Anyway," He cleared his throat and went back over to Larry, "I am going to go, either way, good show tonight even if it was a tad bit...action than what some would like. I will talk to you later. Have a good evening, folks."

Once he was out of ear-shot both Ahkmenrah and Emma walked over to her father, a frown on each of their faces. "Somehow, I doubt his technology could help what is wrong, anyways."

"Me either."

Larry sighed, turning back to the other inhabitants, all of which were quiet throughout the exchange. "I need to go home and get some things sorted out there, Emma, you help out with the rest of the clean up and I'll see you at home."

"Aye-aye cap'in." Emma replied, giving him a mock salute.

"Don't be a smartass." He sent a glare her way, "Not after what happened tonight."

"Okay. Try and get some sleep, I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a fun one."

He grunted and took off down the hall, "See you guys tomorrow night."

Emma turned to the groups and rubbed her hands together, "Now, let's get this cleaned up quickly, then we'll see about watching a movie or two in the theater."