Chapter Seven

Emma, needless to say, was quite surprised, yet relieved upon learning that McPhee had taken her father's words to heart and allowed Larry permission to take both Ahkmenrah and the tablet to London to find his parents.

She just hoped that they reached it in time.

As they were boarding the plane, Nick was complaining, "Dad, you know that I could've just stayed at the apartment by myself right?"

"Yeah, no, that's not going to happen for awhile." Larry replied, sending his son a sharp look.

"Yeah? Just so you can have another party and trash the apartment again? No offence, little brother, but I'm not willing to clean up your mess again."

It was Nicky's turn to roll his eyes. "I wasn't going to have a party."

A lone brow rose at his statement, "Right. Sure you weren't."

"That's enough you two." Larry sighed, glancing at his watch before looking back at them again. "We have more important things to worry about, we don't need to add the stress of sibling rivalry to this entire situation, do we?"

"No." Emma sighed, "You're right."

"Sorry dad."

"Come on." Larry gestured to the plane, "Let's get our seats, it's going to be a long flight."

...Eight hours later...

A long flight was right.

Emma rubbed at her eyes tiredly, looking at the scenery before them.

"It's beautiful here." Larry commented, leaning against one of the bridges overlooking the river.

"Yeah, it is."

The sun was beginning to set and both Larry and Nick began arguing again, this time with the fact that Nick wanted to DJ in Ibiza instead of going to college.

Emma rolled her eyes, "Dad, I think if he wants to do it, he should." She glanced over at Nick, "However, I think before he decides to do such that he should, at least, take online Spanish classes so he won't be that far up shit creek."

"What have I told you about swearing, Em?"

"Don't change the subject." She snapped, not really in the mood for this, hating having the conversation quickly switch over to her. "Besides, I'm an adult."

"Sorry." He sighed, rubbing at his face in frustration. "She's right, Nicky. Can you at least take an online course for Spanish?"

Nick shrugged, "I guess I could."

Emma wrapped an arm around Nick's shoulder and grinned, "I got to say though, Nick. It sounds like fun."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

Larry cleared his throat to capture his children's attention and waited before their focus was on him and once he did he pointed at the darkening sky, "Where the sun is setting, we should get going."

Slowly, they headed towards the van and Emma sighed, wondering if their little plan was going to work. What if they found his parents and they didn't know what was going on with it?

What happens if this was the last time they were ever going to spend with Ahkmenrah?

"Hey, Em, you alright?"

Her dad's voice cut in through her thought and she looked up, blinking at him. "Sorry, wasn't listening. What'd you say?"

Larry repeated himself and she shrugged, hoping that he would drop it as there was no need for her to discuss what was going on in the little mind of hers, considering that they were all worried about the well-being of Ahk and the others.

--

"So, what's the plan here dad?"

"Well, once the tablet brings Ahkmenrah to life he's going to sneak us in, now both of you get down."

"Wait, what?"

"Just - both of you get down, come on, part of the adventure you two."

"God, this is cramped," Emma mumbled, trying to get into the middle of the seats, listening to the woman named Tilly speaking and she almost snorted when Tilly began speaking about how amazing it was to be a security guard in America.

"Well, it must be wicked being a security guard in America." She exclaimed excitedly, "With your gun, with the silenca, with your ninja swords..."

"Are you kidding me?" Nick mouthed to Emma, and was met with a strange expression plastered on her face.

They grimaced upon hearing the guard mentioning that she had to confirm the delivery for their conservation department in which Larry tried to deter but was unsuccessful, but they breathed a sigh of relief once she said that they were legit.

Glancing at her watch, Emma groaned, feeling her feet falling asleep in the awkward position she was sitting in and had to remind herself that in just forty-five minutes until the magic of the tablet would soon bring him to life and then they could go in, hopefully find out the information that they required, fix the problem, and get the hell out of there.

When the van began moving towards the gate, Emma thanked whatever God listened as she slowly stood up from her place and both her and Nick left, looking in the side-view mirrors at their father, who was hiding out of sight of the guard shack.

"That was the longest forty minutes of my life..." Nick complained, watching Tilly like a hawk as Larry gave them entrance as they quickly made their way over to the storage shed, knocking on the door, and waiting for Ahkmenrah to open the door.

"I don't know about you two," Emma began, "But this sounds very against the law right now."

"Oh no, they have a totally different legal system than what we have."

"I think 'breaking and entering' into any place around the world is illegal..."

Before Larry could answer, the door opened, revealing Ahkmenrah and they quickly stepped inside to begin the real fun.