Chapter One

Disclaimer: I don't own Night at The Museum or anything associated with it. I do, however, own my character Emma Daley.

I watched Night At The Museum 3: Secret of the Tomb the other day and I cried. It was sad yet beautiful to see Robin Williams final movie. This one, out of all of the NaTM movies...this one was my favourite.

warning

This will follow the movie so spoilers. Do not read...

AN Aug 29, 2017: I forgot that this was completed before I took it down. Oops. Forgive me.

xxx

The sun was high above the city of New York, with only a few clouds here and there, and the cool November breeze nipped at their faces as they crossed the street towards the Museum of Natural History.

"I don't know what's up with Nicky, he's been acting strange." Larry Daley stated, clearly frustrated after coming home to find that Nick, had once again, had a party without permission.

His twenty-four year old daughter laughed, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "What?" She asked, "You mean like a teenager?"

"Yeah. That. I mean, he's being so rebellious. I don't remember you acting like that." He muttered more to himself, than to her.

"That's because you're getting up there in your old age, dad." She replied jokingly, laughing a bit louder as he sent her a glare. She sighed, her demeanour turning serious. "Truth is, I did act like that. One of the main reasons why I was sent away. Another reason was that we barely spent any time together."

"Well, I plan on making it up now."

Emma averted her blue gaze to her Larry and gave him a small smile. "I'll hold you to that."

xxx

"What happened to you, my dear?" Teddy Roosevelt exclaimed, riding up beside her with Sacajawea on the back of his horse.

Emma laughed, embarrassment clearly showing. "I was trying to get a door outside unstuck and punched myself in the face."

""Do you mind if I take a look at it?" Sacajawea asked, dismounting the horse and walking over to Emma, and with a nod she checked her over with a small sigh "You have to be more careful."

"Uh, I don't know if I can do that, Sacajawea. I don't know how."

That remark earned her both a chuckle and an eye roll from the couple and they chatted for a few minutes before Sacajawea mounted again and they departed, leaving her to her devices in the staff change room. Turning her head back to the mirror on the door, Emma winced. Yes, she definitely did a number on herself, both the concealer and foundation she put on didn't seem to be working as it still looked quite discoloured.

Well, it was time to face the music, she knew well that she wouldn't be allowed to stay in the room for the whole shift, and with them knowing where she was, it would attract everyone that spoke to her.

Including Ahkmenrah.

She closed her eyes and smiled, he always made her laugh whenever she was down, listening to her non-stop talk about going to University again for Computer Animation, even though she already had both Photography and Early Childhood Education under her belt.

Even though they both knew that he didn't possess a clue onto what she was speaking about.

He was always there for her.

Emma couldn't deny the feelings she had for the Pharaoh but she knew that she couldn't tell him, she would never tell him. A few that did know her feelings for him asked her why. The reson was simple; it would never work between them.

She was alive and he was dead. Eventually, her life would end its course and she would be six feet in the ground while he still comes alive, unaging every night.

In a rather morbid, Resident Evil type of way, he was a living corpse.

Pushing the thoughts to the back of her mind, Emma glanced in the mirror once more before putting her things in her locker and heading out onto the floor.

Going down the hall of miniatures she groaned when she heard her voice being called by an annoying little cowboy who decided to give her the pet name of Gigantress. She looked down and frowned.

"Hey there Gigantress, have you seen Gigantor anywhere?" Jed asked, peering up at her from under his cowboy hat. "We need to...what on earth happened to your eye?"

"Dad went to speak with Attila about something, why do you need him?" Emma replied, completely ignoring his second question.

"Yeah, and what happened to your eye?"

"None of your business, short-fry."

"That wasn't nice!" Jed pouted. "I just was asking a question."

"What did happen to your eye, my lady?" Octavius asked, finally speaking up.

Emma looked at him and sighed, "I'll tell you later, Oct. Right now, I've got to go and talk to someone."

"Ah, going to talk to your lover boy, eh?" Jed taunted, receiving a deathly glare from her. She growled, bending to be eye-level with him. "Do you want to get stuffed down a toilet, Jed?"

He shook his head.

"Good. I suggest you keep your comments to yourself." She said, removing herself from their company and walking towards the Egyptian Exhibit when Jed called out to her.

"Hostile work environment."

"Only hostile if you make it out to be." She called back.

"Hey Ahk, what's..." She trailed off, her eyes widening when she saw the Pharaoh lying down on the ground near his sarcophagus. She ran over to him, panic flooding through her as she dropped to her knees she carefully lifted him up by his shoulders and leaning him onto her lap.

"Ahkmenrah?" She asked, voice low with fright. Her heart pounded in her chest. She lightly smacked him on the cheek. "Wake up!"

It took a few minutes before he came around, his eyes fluttering open, chocolate brown orbs met her light blue ones and she sighed in relief. "Are you alright?"

He carefully sat up, and looked around, his eyes finally something ahead of him. His breath catching, his face seemingly going pale, "I don't think so."

"What's..." Emma didn't finish her sentence as her eyes landed on the tablet. She gasped, "The hell?"

"I don't know."

She turned her attention back to Ahkmenrah. "Has it ever done this before?"

"No. Never."

She glanced at the tablet, a bad feeling settling in the pit of her stomach as she hesitantly traced her fingers over object and wondered what happened to it. The once golden tablet was slowly turning a dark shade of green.