"MUDBLOODS! BLOOD-TRAITORS! FILTHY--" the screams stopped suddenly, and within a moment Sirius hurried into the kitchen. 

"What was the noise that woke my mother up?" he wondered.

"I tripped and fell," Lee admitted, shrugging. Fred kept his hand on Sawyer's arm, and George simply looked at the ground as Lee rubbed his neck.

Charlie arrived then, his exprassion grave. 

"Hands off my girlfriend, please," he told Fred, and the man pulled his hand back as though he's beeen burnt. Harry turned to look at the ground, knowing this situation could end up bad. Hermione's sour glance, however, was something he wasn't expecting.

Fred's ears had a red tint in them as he stalked off to sit at the edge of the table. George sat at a free chair next to Ginny, who was as pale as a ghost and as silent as the night. Lee seemed utterly exasperated as he sat down on the other side of Ron.

"Where's mum?" Charlie wondered, although they all knew well enough she was in the room she stayed in through the summer, only now she was alone and crying most of the time.

Kreacher took a brave step and was the one to bring her anything she needed without ever muttering a thing about her blood status. 

"Suppose she's asleep," Ron mumbled. 

"When are we opening presents?" Bill asked strongly as he entered the room suddenly. He had his happy face on, although his eyes were puffy. "I've got some brilliant gifts for you guys."

"Let's first have breakfast," Sawyer said with a soft smile, hand rubbing Charlie's arm slowly. "Kreacher's been working on it for a while, right Kreach?"

The house-elf poked his head from the kitchen to the dining room, before nodding with a bright smile.

"Merry christmas, y'all!" Sirius cheered happily as he sat down, and hurriedly, everyone who were still standing took a seat.

A knock on the door interrupted the opportunity to dig in, and Sawyer hurriedly stood up. She hurried to open the door, and grinned widely at the man in front of her. His cheeks were tinted in pink and hair messy, and he wore a familiar sweater.

He pushed his glasses up before they slid off and avoided eye-contact with the girl.

"Thanks for inviting me, Sawyer," he said politely, and she nodded.

"Of course, you just lost your father just as much as they did. Maybe Molly will leave her room with the knowledge of you arriving. Please, come in. Welcome to the Black house."

Percy nodded, entering the house with a hesitation in his steps. "Oh, and hope you have a warm welcome for whoever comes next."

"What?" 

Percy stepped away, however, following the scent of food and entering the dining hall. 

"Percy?" Bill wondered, surprised and confused. Ginny's wide eyes went even wider, and Ron dropped his fork.

George sent him a grin but Fred's eyebrows furrowed. "What are you doing here?"

"Fred," Charlie shot at him.

"What?" he spat. "He wants to lick ass to the ministry, so he should fucking stay there."

"Hey, come on--" Remus attempted, but was shut off.

"Fred, behave yourself." Bill snapped, "He is still your older brother," he pointed out, "and you should learn to respect him."

"Just because dad's not here, doesn't mean I should listen to you, Bill."

"Fred, come on--" George tried.

"Piss off."

"Shut up," he snapped. "You are so--"

"Guys!" Lee tried, "let's not fight on Christmas. Come on, Percy, sit down." They all turned to look sourly at each other, before Percy tried sitting down next to Charlie, who shrugged.

"Sorry, mate. Sawyer's here, and as much as I like you, I like my girlfriend more." He seemed to think the girlfriend part was important to Fred, who suddenly glanced at Hermione. Hermione very pointedly looked at her plate, but next to her, Ron was very interested in her face.

"Wait," Percy suddenly spoke up. His voice was sharp and alarmed, which caused everone to look at him. "You and Sawyer are dating?"

"Yes, " Sirius replied with a sour tone and sullen look.

"Oh," Percy nodded. "Okay, that might be a problem."

"What's going on?" Lee wondered, and suddenly realized even Sawyer's slow pace would be back at the kitchen by now.

"A certain dorm-mate of mine heard about what happened," Percy said slowly, sitting down next to Sirius (Percy had still a slightly alarmed face at sitting next to a convicted murderer, but when Sawyer dropped by at his apartment, she explained everything she could), "and might've decided to drop by. And I may have later told him Sawyer is also here."

"And let me guess, this dorm-mate is--"

"Hey guys!"

And thus, Oliver Wood marched right into the room.