Chapter 32

"What do you mean he's gone?" A voice snarled, rousing me from my sleep.

Danny had been a bit fussy and wouldn't latch on properly to feed when I'd initially tired, so I'd had to use formula and figure out how to pump. The serum allowed me to lactate so ideally I could feed Danny on my own. Rhett had taken over feeding him at that point so I could sleep, but now someone had woken me.

"I mean I came in here to administer the sedative and the baby was gone." A female voice replied coldly, sending shards of ice into my soul. Groggily I forced my eyes open, trying to see who was talking.

"He was a newborn, he didn't just get up and walk out on his own." An oily voice echoed through the room leaving the air feeling greasy.

"Well excuse me, but it wasn't my idea to try and just take a baby from the hospital. Maybe that lumbering oaf has it. Or one of the nurses or lord only knows who else." The woman snarled. "At least I got him sedated so we should have time to find it before anyone notices."

The machine next to me beeped as my heart rate started to pick up, panic flooding me. My eyes refused to open, my mind sluggish even as fear and confusion ran rampant.

"Well you're the one dressed like a nurse so get going and find that fucking baby. I need it as proof for my client that this damn serum works now that I've been discredited." Dread filled me as I finally placed the voice of the male. Andrew.

"Fine, but I want paid extra for this." The sound of the door closing made the heart monitor beeped even louder. Weakly I moved my hand, trying to find the call button. My limbs were heavy, the world around my fuzzy as whatever they gave me tried to pull me back to sleep.

The smell of antiseptic grew closer, filling my head. My stomach rolled, but I was drifting to far off to empty it of the contents.

"Open your eyes Ryan." A finger pressed against my eyelid, forcing it up, the bright light making my head throb. "I know you are awake you fucking omega, not that it matters. You aren't going to be able to let anyone know what's going on after all. At least not until it's too late."

"What... what have you done..." The words slur, my vision blurry when as I manage to pry my eyes open. My attempt at a fierce glare failed as Andrew laughed.

"Nothing... yet, but once I have my hands on your baby... well then things will start really happening. I'll be rich before this night is over." He laughed down at me even as my stomach rolled. "And really, it's all thanks to you. If you hadn't taken that dumb serum and then walked out one me... Well I never would have decided to get my revenge, and now I'm going to profit from you once more.

"See before you decided to pull that fucking patent stunt, I had a buyer all lined up and ready to pay big bucks for your serum. Sure they wanted proof that it would work, but that wasn't a problem at all. After all there are tons of young men willing to let you do just about anything to them for money."

My ears started to ring, skin crawling at what he was implying.

"I gave them enough information that they agreed, they signed the waiver and boom. Half a dozen men were now half a dozen omegas. Of course a few of them didn't turn properly and had to be disposed of, but no one is going to care."

"How... how could you? That's unethical!" My words slurred coming out as a garbled mess.

"Hardly, plus no one is going to miss them." Andrew sneered down at me as my eyes drifted shut. A sharp crack filled the room, pain blossoming across my cheek and jerking my eyes open. "Do try and stay awake a bit longer you worthless womb."

My anger seemed muted as he sneered down at me. I'd just about managed to get the call button when Andrew's hand snaked out, yanking the lifeline away.

"Not so fast. I want you to know just what you've done. After all, everything I've had to do is because you decided to walk out on me instead of just listening to reason." Andrew's hand gripped my arm, making my skin crawl. "See now the only thing missing was for one of those fucking male wombs to get pregnant. Do you know how many actually succeeded?"

He paused for a moment before plunging on.

"Three. Three of them are pregnant, even now as we speak. Of course the shock of finding out that that is what the serum did was quite a bit on them, so I've been keeping them rather well sedated so as not to risk the children they are carrying. My children in fact."

Andrew drew a finger across my cheek, tracing my features lightly.

"Of course none of them are quite the looker you are, but that's fine, at least none of my children will have your attitude this way. But I digress, you probably want to know what I plan to do with your baby, don't you?" He leaned in as he spoke, dropping his voice. "This is the best part. See my client wants a baby as proof that the Serum works, and now I can deliver that to them without having to give up one of my own."

"Well now isn't this interesting?" A voice spoke from behind Andrew, my heart rate increased. "I don't recall Ryan mentioning he was ready to have any visitors yet, and I definitely don't remember him saying that he wanted to talk to you, Andrew."

Rhett strolled into the room, a small bundle in his arms. The sight of them both standing there filled me with warmth.

"You... How long have you been standing there?!" Andrew sputtered at Rhett, jerking away from my bedside.

"Long enough." Rhett answered settling Danny into his bassinet even though I craved to have my baby back in my arms. "Long enough to call the cops on you and record the latter part of what you said to my boyfriend."

Lifting my head took immense effort, but I grinned when doing so let me see the phone Rhett dangled in front of Andrew, the recording app still rolling.

"And long enough to know that you are going to be going to jail for a very, very long time." Rhett smirked.

Andrew's mouth flopped open before he turned and bolted toward the door. He didn't make it touch, Rhett tackling him and pinning him down effortlessly. My room became a flurry of activity that blurred around me, the sedative in my system slowly winning.

"Hey..." Rhett's voice appeared next to my shoulder, giving me the strength to rouse once more. "I think someone wants you."

The smell of clean baby and leather wrapped around me, the bed dipping slightly as Rhett climbed up next to me, settling little Danny in my arms.

Tears pricked at my eyes before I turned to look up at Rhett.

"Thank you. For... for everything." Looking down at Danny's dark brown eyes, I felt the tears slowly break free, "But most of all, thank you for him."

Well my lovelies, that's it. This is the end. Or is it. Now that I've set the origin for this Omegaverse, I want to offer it up to all of you. Take the world I've established and make it your own. Use my characters or don't, I don't mind. I want this world to grow and change. All I ask is if you do, tag it with #FirstOmega or #OmegaOrigins so I can find your stories!

I hope you all enjoyed the ride! I haven't started on another book in this Omegaverse just yet, but eventually, I plan to.

As a thank you for making it this far, I'm going to share part of the first chapter for another story I've been working on. Please give it a look and let me know your thoughts!

Remember Anyone Can Write,

Love Willow