Chapter 18

"Ryan! Are you honestly throwing up again?" Dreece voice made my head throb as I leaned over the toilet. My stomach was empty, but it didn't stop me from heaving all the same.

It only took a month for the excitement of being pregnant to become replaced by the reality of it. I seemed I spent all of my time throwing up, feeling like I am going to throw up, or cleaning up after throwing up.

"Fuck off... you know I can't control it..." I grumbled, struggling to be loud enough to be heard. The sliver of light from under the bathroom door grew, Dreece shoving their way in. The light that came with them made me hiss, closing my eyes.

"Shit... sorry." They moved to quickly close the door, coming over to where I was sitting in the darkness. "Fuck Ryan... there has to be something we can do to stop you from being sick all the time. You're going to get dangerously dehydrated at this rate."

I watched a blurry Dreece move around the bathroom, dampening a rag and grabbing a glass of water before coming toward me. They carefully helped clean me up, holding the glass to my lips like one of their patients. Although in a way I was.

"I got called into work." Dreece said softly, guiding me to my feet and letting me lean against them. "I'm going to see if Michael can come over and watch you for a bit."

I shook my head, regretting the action almost immediately as it made the throbbing even worse.

"It's his anniversary. He said Lucas was going to take him camping for the weekend, just them." I mumbled softly. Michael had been ecstatic when he told me about it a few days ago at work. Of course that was in between rounds of me feeling like death warmed over.

"Fuck... well I could take you with me, but then we'd have to admit you for dehydration and open that can of worms that no one wants to mess with since Nathan is on sebaticle right now." Dreece grumbled, running a hand through their vivid yellow hair. The smell of their fresh color wafted toward me, making me turn and bolt right back to the toilet, gagging even more.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, making me feel even more miserable when I finally managed to get back up.

"Sorry..." I wispered, holding my breath as I walked past my oldest friend. "Hair chemicals and baby sense's don't mix all that well..."

"Shit... I know that... I'm so, so sorry Ryan." Dreece reached for me only to pause. "Well what are we going to do. I can't leave you here alone, but I also have to go into work... Do... Do you want me to call your mom?"

My eyes felt about to pop out of my head at that suggestion. I hadn't seen or spoken to my mom in years.

"Fuck no! She doesn't deserve to know anything about me and my life now. Not after how she treated me." I turned toward my bedroom, anger managing to carry me most of the way there. "Plus she thought I was a freak when I told her I was gay, just think of the things she would call me now knowng that I'm a pregnant gay man."

"Right... I'm sorry... that was a bad suggestion." Dreece winced following me only as far as my bedroom. The cleanliness from my heat was long gone, the room strewn with notes and observations about my pregnancy.

"No... it's okay. I know you don't feel right leaving me here alone... not like this at least." I offered them a small smile before remembering something. "Hey, I have a copy of all my notes here... I know Nathan is still keeping notes as well, can you leave these for him when he get's back?"

Nathan had decided to take some much needed vacation time after we broke up. Even though I destroyed his heart, he was being nice enough to still take care of my OB needs, and he promised to be available when I went into labor, as long as he could write a paper on this as well. I couldn't really say no after what I put him through.