Mom sounds upset. I know that whatever her and Flynn are discussing, it has to be about me. I step against the wall so I can listen to what she is saying. From what I can tell, it almost sounds like mom is trying to avoid telling me something. Now more than ever, I want to know what it is.

"It's your decision, Allie." Flynn softly says back. "But I'm sure she'll be thrilled about it, she might just need a few more days to recollect before you have the dinner and tell her."

Recollect. I frown and glance down at my sock covered feet as the word chimes in my head. Mom isn't telling me something because of how I acted in front of her yesterday. If I had managed to hold it in for at least another day or two- I wouldn't have to feel this growing tension in my lungs.

My hand now rubs against my chest to ease the building of emotions that are rising. There's something about my own mom not telling me something because of how she thinks I wouldn't be able to handle it, that doesn't sit right with me.

"I know, and I agree. But there is no saying if she will be feeling up to it any time soon. She still has the court case and those two guys out there. The police said their self they have no clue where the have disappeared to, so even her knowing that would be stressful." Mom pauses for a moment and clears her throat shakily. "You didn't get to see how long it took her to feel better after Sebastian died. It completely shattered her, and after seeing her yesterday- I can see how upset she is again. I will admit, it's not as bad as Sebastian, but I think she is just trying to hold it together because she has more people in her life now that care about her."

"She will be okay, Allie." Flynn stops mom from continuing to ramble away about myself. It makes me wonder how many other times has mom spoken about me to others about her concerns. "I would be more worried if she was completely fine after everything. She just needs some time, that's all."

I feel a little better about their conversation. Flynn has made it seem like my mom isn't picturing me in an unstable state. He has made me feel comfortable about feeling frightened so much from my own mind.

Mom sighs heavily. "I know, I know. I wish she didn't have to go through it all though. I'm glad she has you and her friends now to be there with her when I can't be."

This seems like the perfect time to loudly walk into the kitchen whilst forcing out a fake yawn to convince them I hadn't heard any of their conversation- since it has died down. But a greedy part of me wants to soak in everything they have said and want to say.

"Can you make sure she's okay for me when I'm at work, or she's back to school once the break is over?" Mom quietly asks Flynn, almost with a defeated voice as if she never wanted to ask the question. "Just until I know she's feeling better."

"Of course." The Davis boy chimes back so fast that mom was barely able to squeeze out the last syllable of her sentence. "I will always be there for her whether she does need me or not."

"Thank you, Flynn." I'm slowly losing the interest in the conversation now that mom has practically assigned Flynn to be my carer. "Now I just need to figure out how I'm going to tell her and Liam about George and I having to plan a wedding through all of this craziness."

Wedding.

I feel every muscle in my body completely fault as the word drills into my brain. Mom is marrying Liam's father- and she hasn't told me. She hasn't even discussed with me how serious their 'secret' relationship has been. I haven't seen George in over a year.

"You're engaged, and you didn't bother to tell me?" I don't want to stay hidden around the corner and have to dwell in the betrayal my mom has unintentionally made me feel.