I can feel his hands fiddling around oddly with my hair to make the three sections and get into a flow of plaiting. "Are you nervous about the dinner?" I ask out of my pure curiosity to see how he answers, even through I know how he is feeling.

He takes a moment to answer. "Uh- I don't think so. I just don't know what to expect from everyone." He says while doing my hair for me. "It's going to be interesting to see how everyone else accepts everything about Sebastian. I guess Abbey doesn't really have an excuse to be mean to you since they were already after him."

"Do you-" I pause, stopping myself since I have completely strayed from what we were talking about. I hate the way my brain works after everything has happened. "Do you ever get nervous about them originally wanting to go after you and Dianna too?"

Flynn doesn't answer straight away.

Bang. Immediately my body flinches ever so slightly when I can't force away the ringing of the gun shot in my head. It's both a relieving thought and terrifying to know one of the men are dead.

"I'm more nervous that they hurt you several times, especially since they all only were trying to clear Anthony Graham's trial that Sebastian supposedly found. It was never intended for you. The three times they have gotten to you from when I've known you, I was always on my way to you but I was never early enough. I remember the first day when we were chased, I managed to loose them but I couldn't find where you were. Then when I did, you had already been hurt. The second time I walked into your empty house and found blood in the kitchen- you were already hurt. Then the hospital, I let Dianna go up first so I could get food from the cafeteria, but you-"

"It's okay. You don't have to go on." I stop Flynn now that the conversation has gone south. I don't like him getting in the bubble of guilt like this when none of it is his fault. "Don't think about it that way, Flynn. You risked your own life to tackle that man. I'll never be able to repay you for that."

I feel my hair back against my back once Flynn is finished, so I turn around to face him. "It doesn't change the fact you got hurt Vi. Even the nurse explaining how hard you hit your head made me sick. Do you remember what you were like after it all? You couldn't even speak-"

"It's better than not breathing anymore." I completely stop him once my stomach starts churning at these thoughts. I thought the first time I had ever been strangled by them was painful enough, but having the whole man's weight on my neck almost had broken it. I was stuck in a neck brace for a few days and could barely breathe without feeling pain. "We're both alive, well, and together. That's all I need to think about right now because I know as soon as everyone is here, I'm going to have the biggest headache thinking about Penn Sterling again."

Flynn sighs as I mention the facility where his biological father worked, and where his mother spent a few years of her time. I never even thought about it, but it's the same building that The Davis kids and Sebastian were born in.

"I didn't even think about that, sorry." The brown haired boy blinks slowly a few times. "It's crazy to me that a year ago I went to a small school without close friends and the most eventful thing that ever happened to me was being stuck with my class on a school excursion because the bus broke down. Now I'm suppose to be upstairs to meet family I didn't know I had and get to introduce my girlfriend to them."

"Flynn, I think you're forgetting they already know me."

"I know that, but they don't know you're my girlfriend." He reaches down with one hand and laces his fingers through mine. "But Kyle is going to be there too, and I really want to make sure he gets the message, especially after leaving you those flowers and note to suddenly make-up for everything now that you practically solved Sebastian's case. I swear,you have a thing for attracting the Reynolds."