"It's not about what you want, Z. You have to get a job some time. Do you want to live here forever?" She went onto explain and I nodded, knowing she was right but there were other jobs out there for me.

"Well I guess I'll just have to keep looking." I shrugged.

"Alright. Well let's clean up a little bit and then we'll be on our way." She said to me and I nodded in agreement.

*

Mitch

"Damn, the homie out here making moves." The homie Pablo spoke in excitedly as he looked around the new building.

I'd just purchased a new space to open up my second facility, outside of the barbershop business.

"Can't believe my nigga about to own a whole strip club." He went on, making me chuckle.

"Wait until I tell the hood this one." He facepalmed hisself.

"You about to have all the bad bitches from the hood out here auditioning, nigga." He went on, scrolling his phone.

"Alright sir, all 20 pole installments will be completed by next week. By then you should be cleared for your grand opening." The realtor spoke as he walked up on us and I nodded slowly with a smile.

"Aight. That's great to hear. Thanks again, man." I shook his hand before he said his goodbyes and made his way on.

Looking around the place one last time, I was excited but humbled at the same time. It was great feeling to be moving up in my life. I needed this shit, considering everything I'd been through.

Walking out of the place, the homie Pablo told me he was going back to the shop because he had a few heads to cut so I just sat outside and waited for my mama to pull up.

Seeing her car pulling up to the side of my building, she got out with a smile before Marley got out as well.

"Daddy!" She yelled for me as she ran up on me and I grabbed her, putting her in the air.

"What's up, babygirl?" I smiled wide, kissing her cheeks as she hugged me tightly.

"I missed you." She pouted, grabbing my beard like she usually does and I nodded slowly.

"I missed you too." I expressed to her.

It'd been a long 5 months for me. After court with Porsha and refraining myself from killing that bitch, I'd ended up being granted with full custody of Marley.

Not only because I was the breadwinner but Marley ended up telling the people that her mama was hitting on her. Honestly, I never expected to her to do that but when she did, I knew I had to get her out of there.

So now her mama was looking at jail time and that wasn't enough for me but it was something.

It was definitely something.

"How are you, baby?" My mama spoke, rubbing her hand down my cheek as I looked down at her.

"I'm aight." I expressed, putting Marley down onto her feet as she now clung to my leg.

"This is your building?" She asked, looking up at it with a smile.

"Yeah. It's officially mine, got the keys and everything." I explained to her as she looked at me with a huge smile on her face. A smile every nigga in the world hopes to put on their mama's face.

"I'm so proud of you, baby. You've worked so hard and you deserve it." She went on and I nodded slowly, looking down at my feet.

Though all of this was good and it felt like I had the world in my hands, falling out with my shawty was probably the worse thing that could've happened.

I hadn't seen Z in months and I didn't know where she was or what she was doing. Our mama's had a strict rule not to disclose information about each other to us since the family was still close and there was no chance of them not being just because of us not being together any more.

"Son, I just want you to know that all of this is amazing. You are doing everything that you've said you would." My mama went on to say.

"And it wasn't easy to believe, considering the drugs and the bad boy mentality you had when you were younger." She chuckled, making me smile.

"I'm so happy and so proud of you for making your dreams a reality."

"But never forget, the ultimate goal is love." She went on to say and I nodded slowly, looking down at Marley.

"Family and the people you love is the only thing that can make you feel whole on this planet."

"Not a bunch of money or cars or materialistic things."

"You understand me?" She asked and I nodded slowly.

"Yeah. I get what you sayin', ma." I expressed to her.

"Love is the holy grail and without it, you will always feel empty."

"Remember that."

*