Prolog

Alice walked the halls of the hospital she's carrying a duffle bag and has her headphones on. She doesn't say anything but there's a small frown on her face as she remembers her phone call from the night before.

Flashback to Yesterday

Alice holds a phone to her ear as she listens to the line ring, waiting for her mother to pick up on the other end. It finally clicks over and she doesn't let you get a word out before saying, "Alice I'm busy you're going to have to make this quick."

She can hear the impatient irritation in her mother's voice, " I just wanted to let you know that I'll be getting out tomorrow around noon." She traced the letters in the sign next to the phone waiting for her mother to respond. "Is that so," was the only thing that came.

"...Yeah..." Alice waited again, realizing quickly she'd have to continue or her mother would just hang up, she spoke up. "Do you think you could have someone pick me up?" Her mother let out a big sigh as if Alice was asking the impossible, "Alice I'm very busy and I'm more than certain that you can make it back to the apartment on your own. There's no need for me to send someone for you, now if that's all I have to get back to this paperwork."

Her shoulders slumped hearing that response, "of course I'll-" before she could finish her sentence her mother already hang up. Alice put the phone down and pressed her head against the wall.

I shouldn't of bothered calling, of course it would end up like that.

End of Flashback

Stepping out of the hospital Alice took a deep breath and mumbled to herself, " I guess I should start walking."

Hi guys, if you didn't know that pic is what I think Alice looks like. Thanks for the read and I'll do my best with this story.