Cover Your Cough

A/n: Sorry if you guys hate this but I'm using a headcanon that 049 can take off his clothes lol f the files

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

The moon had crossed the sky by the time we finally turned the corner to my street.

I got off of my board seeing a group of people not far down the street from our destination. They seemed to be walking in the opposite direction but I didn't want to give away the fact that we were here just in case they were those creepy zombie things.

"Ok, the sooner that we can get to my apartment, the sooner we can get out of dodge and away from that Foundation you were telling me about." And the sooner I can find a way to not be killed by you. 

He made a sound of agreement and we came up to my door. 

I ignored the body of my rude neighbor's body chilling in the hedges and ran up the stairs going to my apartment. I wrenched open the door as quickly as I could, again ignoring  the fingers and limbs littering the floor around the first and second floor apartments.

The Doctor was taken by surprise as I quickly grabbed his wrist and pulled him into my dark apartment. When I turned on the lights we both saw it was completely trashed. My neighbor's wife's arm was strewn onto the floor in front of the kitchen, her body in front of the window near the table. The whole place had broken glass and blood everywhere. I guess it wasn't such a good thing that we lived so close to downtown.

Lula would be enraged if she saw her potted plants broken on the floor.

I stared sadly at the plants sadly for a moment before I remembered my guest. Yanking off my mask, I turn to face him and make a grand sweeping motion to show everything off.

"Make yourself at home. Don't mind the bodies and blood, sorry we got a little lazy and forgot to clean," I laugh at the last part and I hear the Doctor give a light laugh as well. "I'm going to go try to find the key for the cabin, you might want to look around and see if you can find something different to wear while we're here."

He was looking around, about to lean over to look at a picture of Lula and me when he suddenly snapped up to look at me. My eyes were met with the cold stare of his.

"And why would I be required to rid myself of my clothes?"

I falter for a second and awkwardly rub my wrist braces together.

"W-well I assume it would be easier to escape from the eye of the foundation if you look different than you did before, right? I'm sure they have pictures of you and all they need to do is find someone that fits your description. So if you were to change your clothes and maybe even your mask then-"

"I shall not be taking off my protection!"

His outburst stunned both of us into a silent staring match.

He softly sighed out, "I understand that changing my appearance will allow an easier escape so I will... Decide which garments I am willing to part with. However, under no circumstances am I to part with my mask. It is my last protection against the pestilence and against airborne viruses."

I give a light laugh, "Don't worry, I understand. There's a pandemic wrecking havoc through the world right now and everyone is required to wear masks right now. I'm sure you will be fine just changing your clothes."

He nods and slowly makes his way around the house, pausing to look at things that intrigue him. Like the... Toaster? Oh, right, he probably never saw one in that weird facility he was in before.

I amble down to Lula's room and open the door.

It looked the same as it always did. None of her family wanted any of her stuff and I couldn't bring myself to toss any of it out so the room just had the impression that Tallulah was simply out of the room and was going to return at any moment. I haven't seen or been able to get in touch with her girlfriend, I hope she was ok.