Chapter 8: Right By My Side

(The moment you have all been waiting for...)

Few months later...

Aphmau's POV

          I was really excited today. Travis and I are feeling much better now ever since what happened months ago. Few months ago, I was able to know that Aaron got his memories back and that he can see again. Travis and I are leaving tomorrow which thats good, but there's still something I'm worried about...my mom. Ever since that argument we had, we never really had much contact with each other and she never visited me after that day. She sometimes call me to see if I'm alright and that's just it, nothing else but that. I don't know if talking back at her like that was the right thing, but what I do know is that forcing me to not marry Aaron was wrong.

          Someone knocked at my door and it was the nurse. She came in and said, "Aphmau, someone's here to see you."

The visitor entered the room and it was..... my mom?! At the inside, I was panicking. I was so scared, I don't even know if she's mad at me or if she's here to yell at me. I don't even know how to respond or react, I just sat there in shok.

"I'll leave you two be" she closed the door and there was some awkward silence.

In order to not make the silence too awkward, I decided to start a conversation,

"So....... Mom... I just want to-"

"Say sorry? You shouldn't be the one apologizing"

"Huh?" She sat down on the bed and explained,

"Mija, I'm so so sorry I offended your fiance, I forced you to do things you don't wanna do and of course, not being the mom you want me to be. Aphmau, I treat you as if you are a kid even though you aren't. I keep ignoring that fact and I always make things worse for you. I just wanted you to be safe and protected but you're a big girl now and you can already do those things. I've never been nice to Aaron his whole life and I've been offending him, taking him away from you and treating him as a monster when in reality, I am the monster. I'm really really sorry for hurting your feelings Aphmau. You have every right to raise your voice at me and be mad at me, I just want you to know how sorry I am and that I hope you forgive me. Please..?" My mom eventually began to tear up and started crying. 

I also began to tear up and I hugged my mom to comfort her. 

"Its okay mom, I forgive you. I'm sorry that I had to make you leave. I just want to let you know that I'll always be your baby girl and that you are always my mom. You may be imperfect, but that's what makes you who you are."

We then let go of each other and smiled to each other. We both started to wipe our tears and my mom said,

"Thank you mija, just want to let you know that Eric and I will be joining you and Travis on your flight tomorrow."

"Really??! Wait, Eric's still here?"

"Of course, he's my boyfriend after all."

"Oh yeah. Anyways, thank you mom"

"No problem sweetheart, I'm glad Aaron's got his memories back and he can see again"

"Me too"

"Anyways, lets talk"

"Talk about what?"

"Grandbabies!!"

"MOM??!!"

She laughed as I rolled my eyes but joined in the laughter either way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------