Chapter 4: A Trip Down Memory Lane

Few hours later...

3rd Person's POV

          Everyone were gathered up in the dining room with Katelyn's announcement. Melissa was also there through video chat so she can hear the information of Katelyn during her visit with Aphmau and Travis. After she explained everything, everyone were all in shock,

"REALLY??!!"

"Yes really, she said that she was Shu and that she was the online friend Aaron was talking about" Katelyn explained.

"Thats great!! Now we have a better advantage in regaining Aaron's memory back!!" Kim cheered.

Everyone all agreed and conversations of helping Aaron's memories filled the room. It was then interrupted by Melissa's voice,

"Umm guys?" Everyone faced to the laptop.

"I know you guys are really excited to help my brother but...."

"Whats wrong Melissa-Chan?" Kawaii-Chan asked

"A while ago, I asked him if I can try to share some moments of him with you guys and he said ok. So I tried sharing those kind of memories but nothing worked. I even tried saying some of your names to see if he recalls any but he didn't. Even Aphmau. What I'm trying to say is that I think the best thing we can do to help him is by something else. There are always these certain things to help the person retrieve his memories so I think its worth a try to do that."

Zane the asked, "But he only remembers Shu. How will he be able to remember that Shu is Aphmau?? In fact how is he suppose to remember anyone one of us??"

"Like what you guys said, all of you would've never met Aaron if it wasn't for Aphmau. If Aaron is able to remember that Shu is Aphmau, then I'm sure he'll instantly remember you guys, and maybe even his family. But if my plan that doesn't work then we'll just have to figure something out"

There was a bit of awkward silence until,

"I recommend following Melissa's plan"

A new voice joined in the group. Everyone were questioned as they looked who it was, and it was Rowan. He then continued,

"People having memory loss was something I rarely experience, yet it still something that was part of my life. And what I do know is that not every cure to that kind of situation doesn't always have to be saying names or sharing his or her memories. Melissa's right, usually there are these certain things that help the person with memory loss. Since recalling some stuff didnt work for Melissa, we should atleast try to stick with her new plan for now."

The gang took a moment to think about this plan. None of them were sure if this was the best strategy they could come up with,

 "I think its good plan, for now we should treat Aaron as a nice person. We shouldn't force him to remember who we are either way." Zianna pointed out.

Garroth added, "Mommy's right. If we're going to help him retrieve his memories, we should atleast still socialize him as a person he is. That way, he has no problem in opening up to himself." 

Lucinda replied, "Then its settled, we stick to Melissa's plan"

Everyone nodded their heads as a sign of aggreement. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aaron's POV

          My head hurts a bit, but I feel fine. Melissa had to do a video call with her friends, or atleast our friends for that matter. She and our friends are trying to help me by figuring out who Shu is, and I honestly don't even know if I actually met her before or not. I wish there was something that can jog my memory a bit. Melissa also said that in an hour we'll arrive at our destination. Melissa was trying to help me by sharing some moments of me with my friends and family but there's nothing I can remember. I heard foot steps on my left and I knew it was my sister. Well, I think she is, she did say we were siblings so meh,

"Hi Aaron, I'm sorry for bothering you with random memories a while ago."

"Its okay, you were only trying to help and thats fine. I honestly needed that either way, I want to remember you all but I just can't. Were you able to know who Shu is?"

"Yes, but there's one catch though.."

"What is it?"

"We all know who Shu is but we want you to be able to figure who she really is out on your own"

"Why?"

"Since we know you're having a hard time at this moment, and recalling some of the names of your friends and family, or even moments and other stuff like that isn't working, we thought that maybe there could be something else that will be able to help jog your memory. Plus, we should atleast introduce you to ourselves since you still don't know us. That way, you will know that you can trust us."

"Well I already do. You all seem really nice people ever since I met you guys, well mostly you since the rest of your friends are back at Starlight."

She chuckled and replied, "Yeah thats true."

"But what if I'll never get my memories back?"

"Of course you will, we just need to try a different perspective on how to do it, okay?"

"Okay, thank you again for helping me."

"Anytime. Oh I almost forgot about the baked potatoes I left in the oven, be right back!" And there she left.

'Hmm, potato... When did I heard that before aside from those potato commercials from the radio?'

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<Flashback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

(P.S. This scene was in the You Will Always be The One music video of Aphmau. If you haven't watch it make sure you do cuz its really good)

          I was just remebering those times on how I used to treat Aphmau before, that was until I knew she was Shu. I really want to ask her to prom, I just need to find a way on how to do it. My thoughts were then interrupted by Aphmau's voice,

"Aaron? You jave that stupid look on your face again. It makes you look like a dummy."

"Shut up you stupid potato"

"Make me"

I looked at her chair and decided to push it a bit farther from the desk before she would notice it. She was about to sit down until she landed on the ground. I bursted out in laughter cuz of how funny that was.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<End of Flashback>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"SHU!!" I stood up as I blurted out Shu's name. What was that? Was that a dream or was that all real? All of a sudden I felt a bit dizzy, I fell down.

"Aaron?! AARON??! Please wake up!!"

I was only hearing Melissa's voice in panick as every word fades 'till I blacked out.