Chapter 13-Signature Dish

Start from the beginning

It's clearly intended to be a party venue — there's room in here for probably twenty people to eat dinner comfortably, but there's only one small table in the room. The walls are dark wood and there's three beautiful antique mirrors hung high enough on the walls that you can see yourself when standing but not while seated. Christian releases me momentarily and pulls out my chair. I smile demurely at him and smooth my dress under me as I sit. He drapes my napkin over my lap, lightly grazing the top of my thigh with his fingers.

Yep, this dress is going to get ruined.

He takes his seat opposite me and puts his napkin in his lap before beckoning the young man over. "What would you like to drink, Anastasia?" he asks.

"I'll have whatever you're having." I'm really trying my best to be a well-behaved sub. Maybe I'm just trying to act sweet before I drop the news that I've been fooling around with Kate. Is that what I should call it?

He eyes me for a moment, a sexy smolder that makes me shift in my seat slightly.

"Two glasses of Sancerre, please," he says, not looking at the waiter. "Anastasia, do you know what you'd like to eat?" he says, motioning for the waiter to stay.

I smile slightly. "I'll have what you're having, sir."

Christian narrows his eyes and nearly growls. He speaks softly to the waiter, murmuring some complicated order I can't quite hear. The waiter turns and walks out. Just as he reaches the doorway, Christian says, "Oh, and please close the door." I hear a soft click behind me and know we're completely alone.

"So," he says, leaning forward on his elbows. "The contract."

There's a soft knock at the door. "Come," Christian commands, and the waiter comes hurrying back in with our wine. I take a sip and it's delicious — crisp and light. Just what I was looking for. I have to seriously watch myself that I don't overdo it on the drinking, though.

I hear the soft click of the door closing and lean forward onto my elbows as well. "Yes, the contract."

Christian smiles slowly at me then sits up. He reaches into his jacket pocket and pulls out two copies of the contract, handing them both to me. He then produces a beautiful fountain pen.

"Please, look over it again, but I do so hope you'll sign before the appetizers arrive." He looks serious, all hints of his smile disappeared.

I've read this, the updated contract, three times since he sent it to me. I've practically memorized it. There's only one sentence that poses any problem at all. I guess I have to tell him. It's now or never.

I put the pen down on top of the two copies of the contract and sit up straight. I take a large gulp of wine.

"Mr. Grey, there's something I'd like to discuss with you regarding the 'Personal Qualities' clause in Appendix 1."

He looks a bit perplexed. "Personal Qualities?"

"Yes, it says, 'The Submissive will not enter into any sexual relations with anyone other than the Dominant. The Submissive will conduct herself in a respectful and modest manner at all times. She must recognize that her behavior is a direct reflection on the Dominant. She shall be held accountable for any misdeeds, wrongdoings, and misbehavior committed when not in the presence of the Dominant.'" Yeah, I guess I do have it memorized.

He smiles at me again. "Alright, Miss Steele. I have to say, I'm impressed by your capacity for memorization. I will have to keep that in mind moving forward. Now what exactly is it you take issue with? Is it the modesty thing, because that's not really that uncommon. I don't want other men ogling you while I'm not there and..."