Chapter 8

The rest of the night and following morning were torture. A pressure had been placed upon the petite redhead and there was absolutely nothing she could do to stop it. She couldn't tell Jordyn or even Katie. She knew she had to keep it bottled up. Those eighteen hours that passed after she had seen her ex-girlfriend had moved so slowly and with such terrible pain in the beginning that she took an extra pain pill and fell asleep until four, when her twin shook her awake.

"Bitch, wake up!" she heard being yelled at her.

"What do you want Katie?" Emily responded, trying to readjust her arm into a more comfortable position.

"You'll never guess who I ran into today! Get up, we're going out," the older twin replied, moving across the room to the closet where she began pulling out articles of clothing to try on.

"Where are we going?" Emily asked, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.

"Effy's moved back and she wanted to go to the club tonight. I told her were in town for a while so she said we should go out and we are, so hurry the fuck up and start getting ready."

//

Emily had called Jordyn and asked her if she wanted to go with her but she was working, so Emily had to go alone with Katie, as they were going to meet up with Effy at the club. She felt the nostalgic mix of anticipation as the twins applied their makeup and began to set out for the club they used to go to in college. It had changed owners and had become a lot better than it used to be.

The girls walked towards the club and met up with Effy outside. They exchanged hello's and went into the building and were instantly hit with the music. Emily felt the emotions hit as she walked into the familiar setting. Katie pulled them towards the bar and ordered them shots and she graciously accepted them. She wanted to rid her mind of Naomi, and Katie and Effy were definitely the solution.

Katie went to dance in the mob of people and Effy and Emily caught up with each other. She told the brunette about how she left Naomi and how upset she had been about it, how she missed her and even how she ran into her the night before. The more the drinks came, the more the truth poured from her mouth. She even managed to get in a few lines about Jordyn, but Naomi was her main focus at the moment.

"Well, let's go dance and get even more fucked up," Effy said as she fluidly rose from their booth, uttering her first real sentence of the night.

She pulled out a small bag and handed Emily a pill, which she took with a vodka chaser to get it down all the way. They made their way into the crowd and she turned around to check and see that Effy was behind her. She saw that Effy was staring and she was a bit confused.
Then, she decided to follow her line of vision. The redhead turned around, only to be stabbed with the piercing blue eyes she had seen the night before. Her whole plan for the night had backfired; she had meant to come out to forget about the girl, but here she was, just ten feet in front of her. Ten feet that was filled with dancing bodies that had no idea what had just happened.

//

She stood there frozen. All of her muscles paused as she stood looking at the girl in front of her.
She couldn't move.
She could hardly breathe.
The music became fuzzy and all of the people around her disappeared as she focused on the azure eyes that she loved so much. Her heart ached as she saw them and knew she couldn't look away. She felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned to see who it was. Another set of knowing blue eyes locked with hers and she knew she had to break herself away from the situation. Effy nodded at her and she made her way through the crowd of bodies towards the restrooms.

She splashed a little bit of water on her face and looked at herself in the mirror. She had changed so much since college and it was noticeable. Her hair was different and not as vibrant, but still red. She had grown up a lot in the past four years and she liked it. She liked that she felt more mature and adult like now than she was when she was a teenager. She had grown up even more since she left Naomi. The redhead knew how it felt to have her heart ripped out and all hope disappearing when she went back to try and fix things with the blonde. It hurt, but she knew she deserved it.