Chapter 6

It was excruciating. Everywhere the redhead went, she thought she saw flashes of blonde. The constant reminders of Naomi were killing her slowly. The pain inflicted upon her threw her into a slight frenzy; every time she went out, she looked for the girl she had walked away from. Maybe it was the fact that she was back in Bristol. Maybe it was the drugs. Who knows, but the anxiety it caused was starting to take a toll on the girl.

She missed her like crazy, that much was obvious. Emily missed the way Naomi pulled her closer while they slept, the way she would tease the redhead, even the way she attempted to cook for them. Everyone knew Naomi couldn’t cook to save her life. She missed the little line that would appear on her forehead whenever she was deep in thought, the way her eyes would flit around when she was nervous. Her eyes. She missed those the most. Those icy blue orbs that appeared like oceans that she would stare into the depths of. Those signature blue eyes that she loved so much.

Jordyn still called to check in, and their few texts a day turned into dozens and the flirting was turned up. Emily had really started to like the brunette despite her growing apprehension the blonde unknowingly caused. Then during one of their now common phone calls, Jordyn asked her on a date. The redhead agreed rather quickly; probably too quickly, to be honest. But she was excited and it had been a while since she had been on a date or a proper one at least.  The girls agreed to meet at the park the next day. Emily was beyond ecstatic. She couldn’t wait and her bound up energy kept her from getting a good night’s sleep.

//

Emily arrived at the park a few minutes early and sat on the bench, playing with her phone to pass the time. She nervously glanced at the time every so often only to be disappointed when only a few minutes had passed. She looked around the green park. Trees were scattered along the terrain and there was a play area for children. There were a few toddlers running around, going down the slide, and playing with toys. Some older children were playing on the swings and she was instantly brought back to when she and Katie would play at the park. They weren’t like the other kids, or at least Emily wasn’t; she and Katie used to climb trees and stay to themselves whilst the other kids played with each other and made friends. That was until they turned eight and Katie decided she wanted to make friends of her own. That’s when Emily started to become the shadow. She was afraid that she wouldn’t make her own friends so she tagged along with Katie, hoping she’d fit in with them. She never really did, but the other kids accepted the twins as a package. If you wanted Katie to be your friend, you needed to have Emily too. It wasn’t until college that she started to become her own person. She was tired of being a doormat.

The staccato sound of heels pulled Emily from her thoughts. She looked towards the sound and was stunned at what she saw. Walking towards her was the gorgeous brunette clad in black and white heels, fishnets, a pair of black shorts, a white lace top, and a black leather jacket. Her hair was pulled back into a pony tail and she had on a brass knuckle necklace. Her makeup was simple, but the real stunner was the bright red lipstick she pulled off perfectly and a pair of black reading glasses graced her face as well. To put it quite simply, she was breathtaking.

“Staring much?” Jordyn asked with a grin as she approached Emily whose mouth had dropped open.

“Sorry,” Emily stuttered out as a blush spread across her cheeks; she had obviously been caught. “You look amazing.”

“Thanks. You don’t look bad yourself,” Jordyn replied with a wink.