He sat down on the couch and pulled her down next to him, kissing her lekku lightly. "They went after him didn't they?" 

"Yes! And I had to go pick up the pieces!" She crossed her arms and let out a heavy sigh. "If this is how Obi-Wan felt every time Anakin and I did something reckless, it's a wonder he kept his sanity."

Lux laughed. From what little he had seen of Ahsoka and Anakin Skywalker together during the battle of Onderon, he knew they had been quite the duo. "You were successful, though, right?"

"'Course I was." She stood up and started walking towards her bedroom. "I'm going to change. Maybe, if we leave soon, we can catch the sunset!"

He smiled. His original plan had been stargazing, but the sunset would work just as well. "Good thinking. You should wear that little blue dress tonight."

She stopped and glanced over her shoulder with a puzzled look on her face. "Why?"

"I like the way it looks on you."

"Can't argue with that," she shrugged and jogged to her room. 

Lux took a deep breath. Let's hope this goes well, he thought. He had no idea what he would do if she didn't say yes. 

-:-:-:-:-:-:-

The sun had already begun to set by the time they reached the picnic spot. As Lux put the speeder in park and took her hand, he felt the weight of the ring box in his pocket. His heart felt like it was going to beat out of his chest from his nervous energy. 

Ahsoka squeezed his hand gently. "Hey, you okay? You seem... stressed."

Kriff. He really hoped she wouldn't sense his anxiety, but he should've known better. She had always been good at reading his emotions. That was one of the many things he loved about her. 

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just excited. I have a little something special planned for us today."

"Oooooh," she said, "I like special."

Moments later, he led her to their spot. The flower petals and candles were just as he'd left them, the red and orange hues of the roses and flames matching the colors of the sunset above them. 

Ahsoka's jaw dropped. "Lux, you didn't have to do this!" She kissed him softly. "It's very beautiful." 

"Just like you." She blushed, and Lux knew that the time had come. "Ahsoka, I have to tell you something."

Her demeanor immediately changed. "Is everything okay? What's wrong."

"No, no, nothing's wrong," he reassured, running a hand through his hair. "It's been ten years since we met, you know. If you would've told me then about the way things are now, I never would've believed you."

"I wouldn't have believed me, either, if it's any consolation." She stretched herself up to kiss him, but Lux stopped her. 

"I've been thinking a lot about us recently, and I know that the love I have in my heart for you will never fade. I've always admired the way you inspire people to see the best in themselves. Even though you have so much going on in your life all the time, you always make time for me and put my needs first. I'd do anything in the galaxy for you, and I know you'd do the same for me. I can't ever tell you enough, but all I need in life is your love. If all I have is your hand in my hand, I would die the happiest man in the galaxy." He pulled out the velvet box and opened it in front of her, displaying the sparkling diamond ring. She gasped."Ahsoka Tano, will you marry me?"

Ahsoka's face lit up. "Yes! Oh force, yes!"

He slid the ring on her finger, grabbed her by the waist, picked her up, and twirled her in the air before bringing her in for a kiss. 

"I love you, Ahsoka. I love you so much."

"I love you, too, Lux."

And no matter what the galaxy threw at him, he knew he could conquer it with her by his side. 

A/N: Hello! Come on, that was cute, wasn't it? ;) I felt the urge to write a luxsoka proposal today, and this just kind of happened. I hope you enjoyed it!

The title is a reference to Thomas Rhett's song, "Die a Happy Man." I resisted the urge to write a full-out songfic and just decided to keep the title and a few little bits of the song rather than go all in on it like the others. Seriously, though, if you haven't heard this song, you should definitely go listen to it. Thomas Rhett is such a wholesome guy, as is his music :) 

P.S.- I have two stories in the works (three if you count the sequel to In the End), so new content will be coming soon!