A Life in Pieces

A/N: Guess what guys? Another update! I wanted to have it up by yesterday, but I decided to add an extra scene. It ended up about 1500 words longer than I'd originally planned. You're welcome. WARNING: This chapter contains a TON of luxsoka fluff, so be ready XD. I'm going to try my very best to post by the end of this weekend. The next update will be something Christmas-y. Until then, may the force be with you, and enjoy!

-:-:-:-:-:-

They say your life flashes before your eyes before you die. You get one last chance to reminisce about your past. Images play through your mind, reminding you of the happy memories and grief-stricken struggles.

As Ahsoka Tano felt the eminent sting of death, her thoughts dwelled on her husband. She missed him terribly and would never get to say goodbye. She shed a single tear as memories came flooding back to her.

Ahsoka stepped outside of the mansion and slowly walked down the stairs. It was truly a beautiful planet, Raxus, and it was a shame that she'd eventually have to leave. She walked past the Senator's son, Lux. His thoughts were centered on her, his gaze shifting to her lightsabers.

"You're a Jedi, aren't you?" He called after her.

"Yes," she turned to face him, "why do you ask?"

"Before the war, I was always told the Jedi were good."

"And now?" She was genuinely interested as to what he would say. Even among citizens of the Republic, the Jedi aren't always esteemed.

He hesitated a moment, as if remembering a particular conversation, and stood up to follow her. "I don't know anymore. There are a lot of terrible things happening, a lot of killing. And now my friends are saying the Jedi are to blame."

She could sense his curiosity radiating through the force. "I'm the first Jedi you've ever met, aren't I?"

"Well, um, yes," he mumbled.

Ahsoka stopped. "Look at me. Am I so bad?" She realized her mistake after the words had left her mouth. He gave her a once over, his eyes lingering in places they shouldn't have been.

"No, not bad at all," he said more optimistically. One didn't need to be a Jedi to know that he was referring to her appearance and not her Jedi demeanor.

That much was nothing new to Ahsoka. "Well, it sames boys are the same, whether they're Republic or Separatist," she said dismissively.

"Wait, how many of us have you actually met?" Lux asked, not to be outdone.

"What?"

"Well, I mean, you think we're all the bad guys. But how many of us have you actually met? And droids don't count."

Ahsoka hadn't really thought about it that way. It was true, she didn't think about common Separatist citizens as much as she should've. "Well, other than military officers like Grievous and Ventress, none, I guess. You and your mother are the first."

"Well, look at me. Am I so bad?"

I suppose not, she thought to herself. You win this round, Bonteri.

The scene shifted. Ahsoka was standing alone by the wall of the ball to celebrate Onderon's freedom, sipping champagne. No one had asked her to dance, and she wasn't interested. Her master had insisted that she dress up and attend as a guest as a reward for all the hard work she'd done, but she wasn't much of a dancer and didn't find social gatherings such as these very entertaining.