009 | almost.

heavy is the crown and yet
she wears it as if it was a feather

KARASUNO'S AFTERNOON TRAINING ended for the day, and Mizuki found herself walking out with the boys to the convenience store their coach worked at

KARASUNO'S AFTERNOON TRAINING ended for the day, and Mizuki found herself walking out with the boys to the convenience store their coach worked at. Daichi invited her and the team for steamed buns as his treat for an excellent practice match they had between each other.

Crimson, daffodil, marigold various shades of pale warm colours were thrown across the sky, embracing the heavens gracefully. Faint pink wisps of clouds calmly swam across the firmament, peering down at the world below them; watching, wondering. A soothing breeze brushed past, laughing giddily as fallen leaves chased after it with feigned menace.

Mizuki stood beside the captain and vice-captain of the boys' volleyball team, the three of them watching the younger boys mess around, haughty grins on their faces as they crowd around Tanaka and his sister's ds.

"Here," Daichi said, extending the brown bag out to the lavender-haired girl. Mizuki turned towards him, thanking him with a nod as she reached in and grabbed one for herself. Steam emitted from the bun, warming her frosty hands. She brought it to her lips, blowing gently along the top. Mizuki wasn't going to take a bite and risk burning her tongue.

"Hey! This is the one Kenma was talking about!" Hinata exclaimed as he squatted beside Tanaka, watching him battle against the dragon.

"No matter how many times I try, I always get killed by this guy."

"Ryuu!" Both boys turned towards the short second-year with the bleached strand of hair, ironically similar to that of a lightning bolt. He pointed towards himself, a toothy grin spread across his face. "I'll get revenge for you!"

Nishinoya failed.

"He perfectly received all the attacks..." muttered Tanaka, crouching beside his best friend.

"That's actually amazing, in a way..."

"As expected of our genius libero," commented Asahi, standing behind his soulmate.

"So all you have to do is defeat it by slashing without taking any hits, right?" Kageyama question, placing a hand on his hip.

"Heh," scoffed Tanaka, "easier said than done!"

Kageyama failed too, his anger levels rising through the roof. "YOU ASSHOLE! DON'T GET SO FULL OF YOURSELF!"

So, he's not so calm and collected, after all, hummed Mizuki thoughtfully. She and Sugawara continued to watch all the boys try and fail to defeat the dragon. It was amusing to see Asahi run away from a 2D dragon, frightened for his life, and Hinata move around like an elementary schooler first experiencing an electronic gaming device.

When they all failed time and time again, Sugawara nudged Mizuki forward, motioning to the game with his head. "Why don't you give it a try?" he suggested, gaining everyone's attention. Mizuki's eyes widened, her half-eaten bun still in her hands.