003 | fuck, i just realised i have so many chapter titles to bs

she's an old soul with young eyes,
a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

she's an old soul with young eyes, a vintage heart, and a beautiful mind

MIZUKI MASSAGED HER throbbing temples, glancing down at the desk. Piles of papers filled with knowledge and drawings of a sport she had become an expert in after just a week littered the top. Mizuki blinked rapidly, futilely trying to remove the sleepy haze that coated over her vision. She dropped her pen, leaning back in her chair and stretching her arms above her head, smiling as the satisfying crack made its way to her ears. Her eyes moved over to her window, lips pulled downwards at the darkness that lingered outside.

What time is it?

Mizuki turned towards her phone, fingers hovering over the device settled beside her papers. With a single tap against the screen, bright white numbers popped up along the top of the screen. 3:34, she read. It's been seven hours.

Forcing her gaze back to her desk, Mizuki sighed, stifling a yawn as she rubbed her bleary eyes. She pushed her chair back, standing up and collecting all the papers that were thrown across her desk. She slipped them all into a dark beige folder, closing it shut and dropping it on the pile of folders beside her desk. There were a total of 13 folders, each differentiating in its contents. Mizuki grabbed her bag from under the table, unzipping it and frowning when she noticed its size, realising that it wouldn't be big enough to carry all the folders along with the books she would need for the following day at school.

The lavenderette moved to her closet, opening the white cabinets and scanning through the bottom half where low shelves sat, each holding various types of bags. Her droopy eyes lit up when they landed on the desired bag.

Grabbing hold of the leather strap, Mizuki was careful when pulling the bag out. She didn't want to accidentally to take the others out. After shutting the doors, she returned her way back to her desk and delicately slipped the folders into the work bag, making sure no papers would carelessly slip out. She then packed her usual school bag with the books she would need for today's lessons, as well as packing in a new English novel she started a few nights ago.

Placing the two bags neatly on the now organised and cleared up table, Mizuki stumbled over to her bed, lazily throwing back the covers and diving straight into it. Her eyes fluttered shut, welcoming the darkness with an open embrace, heart thumping in accordance with slow, shallow breaths. Serenity plastered itself across her face, her consciousness ebbing as her mind plunged into a free fall, swirling with the beautiful chaos of a new dream she was likely to forget the moment she woke up.

As twilight slowly melted away and the majestic ball of fire rose through the sky, the egg yolk sun's rays poured through the cracks of her white blinds, slivers of light peeking in to see the lavenderette. It giggled as it kissed her awake, casting thin golden stripes across her angelic face. Mizuki opened her eyes slowly, exhaustion present in those breath-taking lilac eyes. She burrowed herself into the warm, soft sheets of her blanket, choosing to bring it up to her neck and cuddle into the fluffy material. Raising one hand up to her face, she rubbed the remainders of sleep from her eyes, gazing out the window and absorbing the familiar view of her garden basking under the comfort of the sun.