Chapter 25

"Sorry for coming so late, I had run into a couple of fans before coming here..." I frowned and hurried to the group at the hideout. Everyone was there waiting for me. Jeez, I should have been paying more attention to the time.

"It's fine. Now, all that's left is the calling card, right? We should send it," Makoto began.

"I would agree, but it would not be an easy task this time..." Yusuke crossed his arms and leaned against the railing.

"Yeah, nobody actually knows him."

"There's so goddamn much I wanna write on the calling card too..." Ryuji hung his head low. That was until suddenly he perked up. "Oh, Akira! So get this, I was talking with Makoto earlier, and we came up with this insane move!"

A showtime...

I thought we were going to make one together. I guess Makoto and Ryuji would be understandable. Both are ruthless during battle so it would be a powerful attack if they both clashed their strength onto an unfortunate shadow.

But how come he went with Makoto instead of me? Was I not strong enough for his plan?

"It's a bit difficult to explain," Makoto shrugged.

"Don't worry, I'll take care of explaining! Alright, so the plan is..." He told us what he had thought of. How everything was going to work and what he and Makoto needed to do in order for his plan to exist.

During this, the star Akira had acquired before began to glow through his pocket.

"Did it just..." Makoto's voice trailed on.

That must have meant that it was going to be a successful one, huh? I turned myself around to face the windows and propped my head up with my hand. I didn't want to hear any of this anymore. The more I'll think about it, the less I can focus on the real task.

Sending the calling card.

"May we focus on the calling card now? I'm sorry but we still have a deadline to worry about," I spoke up, gaining everyone's attention before scratching my cheek.

"She's right. We have to get back on track. Now the question is, how do we deliver the calling card to him...?" Yusuke asked.

"Yeah, we don't know where he lives."

"You guys didn't deliver the calling card to Madarame's residence though-"

"Why not use the same method as before?" Makoto cut me off, stealing the words right out of my mouth. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes and fell back to gripe the railings to release some anger. I could feel my skin burn as my hands dragged down the slippery rail.

"Though I believe it should be more public to gain attention. Well, we have to anyway since we can't go back to Kaneshiro's club and deliver the calling card as you did with Madarame."

"We'll come up with a plan later then," Makoto declared.

Our eyes had caught the attention of one of the policemen standing by. A group of teenagers out at this time shouldn't be suspicious at all. That is unless they know the whole situation and stay quiet about it.

Maybe we've been here for too long? Usually, they'd see us and believe we're going to hang out somewhere. But this isn't the case.

"Y/N? What do you think?" I looked up and saw everyone's eye on me.

"On what?"

"We need to explain the whole calling card thing again?"

Oh? That's what they were talking about?