A Little Girl Scares the Crap Out of Me

I woke up lying face down in the mud. Couldn't my godly dad have set me down on a nice, fluffy patch of grass? Never mind that... I thought, shaking myself like a dog, flinging drops of mud everywhere in the process.  Where am I? I quickly scanned my surroundings.

I was in a forest of sorts, with an overgrown path cutting through the center. Glancing briefly around for monsters (I know it sounds stupid, but when you're a demigod, it becomes a reflex.) before heading down the road. The sun was setting, and I could see a line of smoke coming up from the trees.

Now, what could that be? I thought to myself. I crept silently over towards the smoke. I ducked behind a tree, hearing a deep growling noise. Uncapping my sword, I prepared to defend myself if necessary. Taking a deep breath, I turned the corner–

"Oh, hello!!"

 I screamed, long and loud. A girl, who looked to be no older than twelve, popped up from a bush behind me.

"WHO THE HECK ARE YOU?!?!" I screeched. She looked at me with unseeing eyes.

"I'M ASKING YOU THE SAME THING!!!" she yelled back. Three more kids emerged from the trees.

"Toph, we heard a scream! Is everything okay?" A pretty girl with dark brown hair asked, worried. The other girl, Toph, glared at me.

Pointing at me, annoyed, she responded, "It wasn't me, it was THIS idiot!!" The others jumped a little, as they were just then noticing me. I gulped, waving awkwardly.

"H-hi, I'm Percy!" I stuttered, mentally facepalming. 'Hi, I'm Percy?' THAT'S the best you could come up with?!? You just scared a little girl from another dimension, her friends are upset, and all you say is 'Hi, I'm Percy?'  i groaned internally. I'm probably gonna die here. 

Noticing the murderous expression of one boy with a ponytail, I immediately put my hands up.

"I come in peace!" I said quickly. A kid with arrow tattoos smiled warmly, and held out his hand.

"I'm Aang." I shook it, relieved that they weren't going to hurt me. The other kids seemed to soften as well, and I was soon introduced to each of them in turn.

The pretty girl with brown hair was Katara, who looked to be about my age. She had startling electric blue eyes, and was wearing a blue dress of sorts. I could get behind he blue theme.

Ponytail Dude was Sokka, her brother. I could tell he was a jokester immediately. (What can I say? I've spent a lot of time around the Stoll twins.) Sure enough, he cracked no less than four REALLY bad jokes in the few minutes we spent talking. I liked this guy.

The girl from before, Toph, was obviously blind, but still somehow knew where everything and everyone was. That puzzled me, but I didn't say anything, as something about her made me really not want to get on her bad side.

I was wondering what four kids were doing in a forest in the middle of the night, but then realized they were probably wondering the same thing about me.

Can I trust these guys? I thought anxiously. They seem trustworthy...

Finally deciding to explain myself, I walked over to the campfire, resting on a large boulder and motioned for them to sit. I took a deep breath and told my story.

A/N: Guys, I am so, so sorry that I missed my deadline, but I got grounded for a couple days, which just HAPPENED to include Wednesday. I will try SO hard to put out a chapter every time, but if I end up late, I do have a life (kinda), so just assume that something came up.  Anyways, how are you liking it so far? I've got some good ideas for the next couple chapters. Ummm... Have a nice day I guess?

-Rainy💙