𝔊𝔬𝔩𝔡𝔢𝔫

Blair opened the car door and stepped out, smoothing down her dress

Blair opened the car door and stepped out, smoothing down her dress. She looked over and saw the Carrera family car and her eyes searched the venue for her best friend. "Go on and find her, i'll see you soon." Paul spoke up, knowing who she was looking for, Blair smiled and nodded her head in thanks before walking away to find Kiara. She soon spotted her with her mother, clearly unhappy. She walked up behind her making sure to silence her heels as much as possible. She stalked behind her and smiled as Mrs. Carrera noticed her and signalled with her finger to keep quiet. She got closer to Kiara and grabbed her hips. Kiara let out a startled yelp and she turned around and Blair laughed while Mrs Carrera tried to subdue her laughs.

"I hate you." Kiara muttered with a smile as she brought her tongue to her teeth.

"No you don't." Blair said as she finally stopped her laughter. Kiara only now noticed that Blair was actually here, at Midsummers, and wearing a dress.

"Why are you here? And why are you wearing a dress that could rival Sarah Cameron's?" Kiara asked touching the dress Blair wore, admiring it. Blair smiled and touched the dress also.

"My dad brought me here. I had to go ask him for a favour and he brought me. 'One last hurrah.' Where his words." Blair smiled as she looked to Kiara. "My mom always wanted me to wear this dress and I never got the chance so I decided I would do it tonight."

"That's great Blair, really. But you are not just gonna skip over the whole part about your dad." Kiara said in shock as they walked outside.

"I just had to ask a favour and he apologised and he cried, Kie, he cried. I've never seen that man cry in my entire life. But I told him all about John B and he said he knew and that he loved me." Blair said as they continued walking and Kiara absorbed all the information her best friend was telling her. "I think he's changed, now don't get me wrong I love being a pogue and I'll never go back but its nice just to pretend for one night. And thats all this is, so let's enjoy it." Blair smiled as she grabbed Kiara's hand and twirled herself, allowing her long skirt to flare out and sparkle against the setting sun. Kiara now thought, with Blair by her side, tonight wouldn't be so bad, it was even better when the two spotted Pope attending the grill with his back to them. The two both walked up to him making sure not to attract his attention.

"Excuse me, sir. Do we have to shuck these ourselves?" Kiara asked in an English accent and Blair had to cover her mouth to hold in her laughs.

"Yes, it seems like so much work." Blair added on in the same, terrible, accent. Pope turned around clearly expecting some uppity nosed Kooks but Blair and Kiara smiled as he turned around.

"Yes, it may mess up my costume." Kiara luaghed as Pope followed.

"Well we wouldn't want that now, would we?" Pope said as he pulled them both into a hug. "That accent was bad." He told them.

"It was. I was gonna let it go." Kiara smiled as she looked to Blair.

"Speak for yourself, mine was brilliant." Blair smiled and flipped her hair as she turned to face the crowd.