ℭ𝔢𝔪𝔢𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔶 𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢

The cemetery

The cemetery. one of the creepiest places in the outer banks. Especially at night. "Well this isn't creepy at all." Blair murmured as she opened the van door and began to climb out.

"Dont worry birdie I'll keep you safe." JJ smirked as he smacked her ass as she climbed out.

"JJ maybank do you not learn?" Blair turned to him, half way out the van.

"Nope." He quipped back nonchalantly. Blair just rolled her eyes lightly as they all piled out the van and into the darkness of the cemetery.

"Do you reckon there's ghosts here?" Blair asked looking at the group as she was a firm believer.

"No." JJ scoffed looking at her, she turned to him quickly.

"JJ, you are gonna end up with my foot in your ass." She glared at him with the hint of a smirk on her face. JJ laughed and mumbled under his breath.

"God, I love you."

"What was that?" Blair asked hearing him mumble something incoherently under his breath.

"Nothing." He answered with a hint of urgency, Blair turned around and shrugged not wanting to pry into what he said because she thought it would be something stupid. however from beside him Kiara looked at him with a smirk hearing exactly what he had said, he turned around and saw her staring at him with her face almost bursting into a grin. He mustered up his best glare and pointed at her with a warning expression on his face. Kiara simply grinned and shrugged walking away, in glee as she now knew the boy her best friend loved, loved her back. John B, who has started walking with Blair following behind, turned to the group and noticed three of them still standing at the van.

"Hey come on." He whispered to them as they all started moving again.

"Im coming, this place is scary." Kiara defended starting to walk beside Blair as Blair shone her torch on the headstones as they passed. "John B what are we doing?" Before John B could answer Blair let out a soft whimper from beside Kiara as Kiara and JJ quickly looked to her worried. "Blair what's wrong?" Kiara asked concerned.

"Hey birdie?" JJ asked cautiously approaching her. Blair didn't answer but instead the group looked towards where her flashlight was pointed and as they looked they all understood.

'Rose Jane Jennings
1973-2018
Beloved mother and wife'

Kiara stood next to her and wrapped an arm around her shoulder as she looked to her with sorrow in her eyes, Blair moved out of Kiara's grip and crouched down at her mothers grave and carefully placed her hand on the stone and looked at the roses that peterkin had left. "Hey mom." She whispered with tears in her eyes. "I dont know why you did it but I forgive you. Im gonna find out why, mom." She said as she closed her eyes as a single tear fell. She quickly wiped it and stood up. "You know, I never got to say goodbye." Blair said louder addressing the group but only turning to look at Kiara and JJ. "I thought that when she got sick, I would have time. And when the time came to let her go,  I would be ready. But I never got that." She continued as she sniffled and wiped her eyes slightly turning back to the grave. JJ quickly walked next to her and held her hand. "I guess the cancer was too scary for her, well that was always what I thought, maybe this compass will tell me more. They reckon she killed herself. Her body washed up two weeks after she was diagnosed, but she was always so happy I never understood it but my dad too me to move on, this compass. This compass will tell me the truth. Because I dont think my mother killed herself." Blair said defiantly. Kiara and John B nodded at her when she turned around.