𝔐𝔦𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔖𝔦𝔟𝔩𝔦𝔫𝔤

After fleeing from the cemetery the group had safely made their way back to the chateau

After fleeing from the cemetery the group had safely made their way back to the chateau. Blair had instantly ran in and thrown herself onto the sofa whilst the others did their own thing. Blair briefly shut her eyes before she heard clattering from the kitchen and then pope speak. "That bread had mold on it three days ago." He said as Blair lifted her head and saw JJ making a peanut butter sandwich with the moldy bread. Blair threw JJ a disgusted face as he continued to spread the peanut butter.

"Ill just pull off the bad parts. Plus, mold is good for you. Its just a natural organism." He tried to convince Pope but Blair just screwed up her face and muttered a quiet 'ew' as Kiara yelled over.

"JJ!"

"Yup, yup, yup. Hot damn! Lets do it" he hurried up grabbing Blair's hand in the process and pulling her along. They all stood behind John B as he stared at the envelope. John B pulled open the envelope as JJ hummed and gagged from behind blair as she quickly moved away.

"You better not throw up on me." She warned looking at him seriously. He spit out the bite he had taken as Blair and Pope looked at each other and smirked before looking back to John B. They all looked as John B opened up a huge piece of paper that turned out to be a map.

"Holy shit." He said looking down.

"oh. X marks the spot." Pope said pointing out an X that had been jotted down on the map. They all looked at the map wondering what the X meant and why it was there until John b spoke up again.

"Wait, there's somethin' else in there." He said pulling out an old tape recorder from the envelope. Blair began chewing her thumb, a nervous habit that JJ had now noticed so he pulled her hand away from her mouth and held it slightly shaking his head. Blair turned away and watched John b pull out the recorder and fell anxiousness build up in her stomach.

"What's that?" JJ asked, clueless.

"Its a tape recorder dumbass." Kiara quipped back, normally Blair would've laughed or fired in another remark but she was too consumed in her thoughts to do either, JJ noticed her unusual quietness and began rubbing his thumb along the top of her knuckles which granted did calm her down, but only slightly. John B cautiously pressed the play button on the recorder and the message began to play.

"Dear bird." The voice began.

"Who's bird?" JJ asked again, again clueless.

"Thats what my dad called me." John B said solemnly before his dads voice the recorder played again.

"I hate to say, 'I told you so,' but I told you so. And you doubted your old man." Even through the recording you could hear the older mans smile. "I suspect at this moment, you're filled with guilt and self loathing over our last fight, but dont kill yourself just yet kid.i didn't expect to find the merchant either." The recording paused and they could hear slight movement still as the group all looked to each other and Blair grabbed JJ's hand a little tighter. "You were probably right to call me out. Wasn't exactly father of the decade. What can I say kid? I could smell the barn. And hopefully we're listening to this in out brand new sugar shack down in Costa Rica, living off passive investments and pulling on permits. If not, and you find this for lass than optimal reasons, well, thats what the map is for. There she is, the wreck of the Merchant. If something happens to me, finish what I started. Go for the gold kid. I love you bird, even if I didn't always act like it." The recording again briefly paused and Blair felt her hopes dampen as there was no mention of her mother but then Big John's voice could be heard again. "If you get this bird, contact Rose Jennings, you can trust her. She knows what I know. She'll tell you more and your sister. Well, half sister I suppose. Blair Jennings, tell Rose I love her and tell Blair im so sorry we never met but I know my daughter was incredible. Ill see you on the other side kid." Big John said as the recording stopped. Blair gasped as tears filled her eyes and John B turned to look at her.