"Oh, it was before mom... you know." You trailed off a bit, uncomfortable when it came to that topic.

"I see..." The blonde mumbled, eyeing the other man warily.

"I-I just wanted to talk to her... quickly." Jimin mumbled not meeting your boyfriend's eyes as he talked.

"Whatever." The other grunted, disappearing back inside your apartment.

You watched him as he did so, a small ironic smile on your face, "That was the most interested he was in my life for months."

Jimin's lips twitched downwards, "What a man." He muttered under his breath sarcastically, which you weren't able to pick up from where you stood.

"So-" You leaned back against the the doorframe, "What did you want to talk about? If it's about yesterday, I'd sure like to catch up and- you know, make up for the time lost."

He seemed a bit grumpy when he answered, "Yeah, sure..." The boy closed his eyes for a second seemingly willing down his suddenly bad mood, "Let's go for a walk?"

You nodded shrugging, following the pink-head closely.

It was a bit chilly outside, but in a pleasant way. The sun was out and a cool breeze ruffled your hair, tinting Jimin's cheeks in a pretty pink.

Very pretty.

"Sooo," You attempted to start a conversation - which wasn't really one of your strengths, considering that it clearly required social skills, "I, uhm, I'm an economy major and, eh... you?"

top five awkwardest ways to start a conversation

"Economy?" He cocked a brow, ignoring your question, "Isn't that hella boring?"

"I mean I guess, but it'll be useful for, y'know my future and stuff. And also it's.. uhmmm interesting. Sometimes. Yeah, I think it's interesting."

Jimin hummed, clearly not convinced by your weak attempt of acting like you were actually interested in economy.

"So," You tried to distract from yourself, "What are you doing?"

"Me?" He thought for a moment as if he wasn't quite sure what he was doing himself, "Contemporary... Dance. Yeah. I dance."

This surprised you a bit, "Oh, that's... unusual?"

The pink haired huffed, "Why?"

"Well, it fits to you in all ways, really, now that I think about it you are probably perfect for it, I mean look at you-" You rambled, trying to explain yourself, "But it's just very untypical for... men. To do such a thing. It's not considered very manly."

Jimin stopped and looked at you for a really long moment, opening his mouth multiple times as if he couldn't decide on what to say. He eventually settled with a harsh : "At least I'm doing what I love and am not stuck in a bullshit lie about how economy is interesting."

"Oh," You frowned at him, while you were passing a row of small cafés, "ouch."

Jimin's face got a bit (just a little bit) softer and he hummed, "I'm sorry, that came over a bit too harsh. It's just that I think it's dumb what you just said. Like... what the heck is 'men' even? Whatever it is, it's not gonna stop me from dancing for sure."

You laughed, "You're strange, you know that? I'd rather stay with my oh so terrible economy."

Now Jimin stopped for real.

He turned towards you fully, a genuinely confused expression on his face, "No. You are weird. You are being hella weird. What- What happened to the Y/N I got to know? The Y/N I know would've- would've never said something like 'typical for men' and she sure as fuck wouldn't be doing something she isn't passionate about."

You laughed again, caught off guard by the sudden seriousness of the situation, "I was, like, nine Jimin. People change."

The boy sighed, "I'm afraid they do."

You watched him shake his head slightly, the people passing you giving you weird looks since you were just standing there in the middle of the sidewalk, forcing the passerby to walk around you.

"Hey, look... I'm sorry if I'm not the girl you were friends with anymore." You said, earning a small snicker from Jimin.

"What is there to be sorry for?" He shook his head once again, "I'm sorry I planned that differently but- Can I... Can I show you something?"

"Sure, what is it?" You asked curiously.

A sheepish grin tugged on his lips, before he stepped closer... wayyyy closer... too close for your liking - until your noses were almost touching.

"Woah, easy there- what are you-" It felt like all the air was pressed out of your body, when his lips touched your forehead and, just like that, all your confusion was set to an end because the world around you changed.

✝︎❦❇︎

'What the heck is 'man'?' - Something Jimin actually said and what just once again shows how Park Jimin isn't one for stupid gender stereotypes (he really said fuck toxic masculinity)

xx