It had a vaulted ceiling that stretched farther than Blake expected. Before he could even make it to Daniel's desk, he'd half to pass an entire table, a lounge area with gold and white couches that didn't look like they were made for sitting. There were fireplaces on either side of the with a line of hanging lights between them. All of this encased by two long walls of books and built-in china cabinets. It looked magazine ready.

Daniel did too.

He still wore the same clothes from earlier in the day. Mostly. He just wore his white button up with the top few buttons snapped opened. With his sleeves rolled up, Blake was given the rare opportunity to see the shape of Daniel's muscular arms. His body shivered remembering how easily Daniel picked him up that night in the city.

"Hey," Daniel perked up a little, asking Blake in a dreamy tone. "What on earth are you still doing up?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Blake smiled, but didn't have the emotional energy to tease Daniel for long. "Actually, I..." he almost admitted to having a nightmare but flushed with embarrassment and changed his mind. Thinking about it sounded too childish. Instead, he said, "I just couldn't sleep, I guess."

Daniel sat the paper in his hands down and smiled. "Why are you being timid over there? Come here."

"Sorry, I just realized I must be interrupting your work—"

"No, no. Come in. I could use the company." He stretched his muscles and Blake could hear their tired wail from here. "There are dozens of people living in this castle, and yet when I'm the last one awake at night, it gets lonely."

"If you're sure?" Blake took a hesitant step inside.

"Positive." Daniel smile and Blake couldn't help smiling back. He walked through the study. He walked around Daniel's desk, resting against his chair.

"I've never heard that song before," Blake motioned to the opened Spotify window on Daniel's screen.

Daniel nodded. "I'm always listening to something. It helps me focus."

"What music do you like the most?"

"Hmm..." Daniel hummed, thinking his answer over. He leaned back in his chair and it almost felt like he was leaning into Blake.

"That's kind of an impossible question for me. Music is the soundtrack to life. Different sounds, different songs suit different situations..." Daniel said, but his voice sounded strange. Blake looked again and his heart jumped up his throat. It wasn't Daniel anymore, it was Nicholas. Nicholas dressed up like Daniel, smiling and gushing. It made Blake's heart race. "If I'm feeling upset, I'm not going to listen to the same song I'd play if I was angry. Music is its own form of magic that can change the mood and sometimes, even help people fall in love."

He leaned closer and Blake rubbed his eyes, taking a deep breath and trying to calm down. Blake muttered, "I think I'm still dreaming."

When Blake opened his eyes, he found Daniel there again and a wave of relief almost washed him away. His body deflated and he thought he might pass out then and there. Daniel leaned closer. "Is there something wrong?"

Blake just shook his head, which wasn't enough for Daniel apparently. He cupped Blake's cheek, freezing him in place. It was difficult to lie to Daniel when his face was this close, when his eyes were looking right through Blake as if searching his soul. Blake admitted, "I've been having weird dreams lately. This time it was a nightmare about my ancestor, Henry."

"You know his name?"

"Yeah, Iggy confirmed it." Blake touched Daniel's hand, keeping it there. He liked the coolness of his touch and the gentle way Daniel caressed his thumb across Blake's cheek. It made Blake's knees go pillow soft. "I've never had dreams like them before. They're... they're making me nervous."